Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google's new London HQ - includes open-air swimming pool and indoor football pitch

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
http://qz.com/139794/inside-googles...t-london-office-three-years-before-its-ready/

:moo:

res.aspx

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Would absolutely love to work there, it'd be enough to keep me motivated and enjoying the job rather than a bland office, or in my current situation. Death by powerpoint at a cost of £9,000 a year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gawd bless all these corporations and their dreams of a Thousand Year Reich. Google are this decade's RBS. It's a bloomin' search engine FFS. Maps are pretty nice too. But nothing that shapes our world in the end. And nothing that compels us to pay them a penny while there's plenty of equally-as-free almost-as-good competitors out there. All the money's coming from advertisers, most of whom won't be seeing much return on their investment. And the minute they pull the plug then Google goes to the wall. And life goes on.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I deal with one of the Google advertising teams a fair bit, and was recently told that they had their biggest revenue week EVER when the entire team was out of the office on a team building trip!

Even if the popularity of their advertising was to diminish, surely they could derive a fair amount of revenue simply from the sheer volume of data they have?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Gawd bless all these corporations and their dreams of a Thousand Year Reich. Google are this decade's RBS. It's a bloomin' search engine FFS. Maps are pretty nice too. But nothing that shapes our world in the end. And nothing that compels us to pay them a penny while there's plenty of equally-as-free almost-as-good competitors out there. All the money's coming from advertisers, most of whom won't be seeing much return on their investment. And the minute they pull the plug then Google goes to the wall. And life goes on.

What? This isn't 2000, and Google aren't just a search engine! Did you miss gmail, google maps, google phone, google glasses, google chrome etc. Now they have the capital they can easily stay ahead of the curb of product development, so even if the bottom did fall out of internet advertising, they're well placed to continue making a lot of money. Aren't google the ones who are really putting some money behind driverless cars?

Plus, how do you know advertisers don't see a return on their investment? Traditional internet advertising has always struck me as a little pointless, as based on my small sample of one I rarely click through an ad and my brain instinctively tells me what is advertising content. However, Google's advertising is a little more sophisticated than selling adspace, and as the internet becomes more pervasive there's only more money to be made. For example, it won't be too many years till pretty much 100% of the population use google maps, imagine how much money there is to be made on selling tags on the map. Obviously they already do this a lot, but with bigger audience they can keep pushing their prices up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here