Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Purveyors of finest stadium advice - now Brentford

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am hearing the club are giving a fair bit of their time helping Brentford with a few tips for their proposed new stadium, decent 20,000 capacity ground near Kew Bridge due to be opened in time for 2016-17 season.

It's clear that within football everyone knows what a nightmare it was and that Brighton overcame some of the biggest planning obstacles imaginable, so know we can help.

And equally it is nice the club haven't forgotten what it's like to be stuck in that no man's land and being generous with their time and knowledge.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's a great location too. I know it well. A short walk from Chiswick High Road.

Kew Bridge is a small station but there are a number of other options.

Look forward to playing them there. Easy from Brighton too. It's under 30 mins from the Junction.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There is a massive amount of opposition to the stadium and they're all writing letters to try and sway the councillers to support the proposals.

Been meaning to link it when I am on a Desktop, I can't but feel as seasoned campaigners (we won as well - winners), we could help them out a bit.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Looking back on the sheer number of pretty barefaced lies the club told down the years, maybe we shouldn't be giving out too much advice?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looking back on the sheer number of pretty barefaced lies the club told down the years, maybe we shouldn't be giving out too much advice?
Such as?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have a flat almost opposite the proposed site l hope it goes ahead although I dont live there the area needs something to give it a lift. Not sure they will attract 20k to be honest.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Brentford's current ground is probably the best in the league. Shiny new seats and space for corporate twats won't improve on it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

sheer number eh?

Start us off with 3 then?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brentford's current ground is probably the best in the league. Shiny new seats and space for corporate twats won't improve on it.

Lot of truth in this: proper old school football. Compact ground, standing, pub on every corner, mediaeval toilets, more like middens. The only thing wrong with the Brentford experience is that every time I go there, we seem to get tonked

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lot of truth in this: proper old school football. Compact ground, standing, pub on every corner, mediaeval toilets, more like middens. The only thing wrong with the Brentford experience is that every time I go there, we seem to get tonked

Away terrace is shit and narrow otherwise would agree

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
sheer number eh?

Start us off with 3 then?

Oooooh I know this one.

Everyone will travel by public transport.
We will only build a football ground and nothing else.
Bennetts field will be returned to agricultural land.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

This. Another fine old ground about to bite the dust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here