Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tracey Connelly Freed

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you're sentenced to 4 years you'll serve 2, or less - so she's not getting the same as someone with a 4 year sentence. Prison costs and lack of spaces cause this.

Time to figure out how to make tent prisons work in this climate.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
She had already been on remand for a year, so actually served five years.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Glad to be of some assistance. :thumbsup:

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
You boys have your flirting bit of fun! Buy that sh@tbag of a mother should live in absolute misery for the rest of her life! Hope she finds crack as a solice!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Now she'll live a second life, probably will end up being subsidised by the tax payer because she sure looks capable of doing any sort of work at all.

Leave her on the streets of London.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't see myself as being an unreasonable chap and understand that people make mistakes and they can show remorse and they can lead a relatively normal life after something horrific.

However, in this instance (without knowing all the facts), Peter died a long time before he stopped breathing and his mother contributed and oversaw that.

She may well live a nightmare until she dies, she may well not, but her sentence doesn't correlate with her actions.

It's no use comparing with other cases or other crimes. She brought a child in to the world and played a great role in his early demise, before he even stood a chance.

Do we seek to rehabilitate or punish or both? Will she be able to have more children? I assume she will never be allowed to work with children or adopt, but who is to stop her having another child? Does she deserve the chance to 'put things right' and be a supermum?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I still can't get my head round a mother doing that to her child, sickening. What on earth were they playing at only giving her four years?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You boys have your flirting bit of fun! Buy that sh@tbag of a mother should live in absolute misery for the rest of her life! Hope she finds crack as a solice!

The first part is beyond me, but the second part I absolutely agree with

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I still can't get my head round a mother doing that to her child, sickening. What on earth were they playing at only giving her four years?

Wasn't it her boyfriend who actually injured the child which eventually led to his death - I thought Connelly was convicted of "allowing the death of a child" - ie she didn't protect him

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Wasn't it her boyfriend who actually injured the child which eventually led to his death - I thought Connelly was convicted of "allowing the death of a child" - ie she didn't protect him

I think you may be right there but standing by and allowing that to happen is just as bad

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

It was her job as a mother to protect him; the fact she didn't makes her as guilty as the boyfriend IMO. I really hope both she and the boyfriend suffered at the hands of those in prison who dislike low life's who torture children and eventually kill them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here