Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Air France

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Anyone flown longhaul with AF in economy , feedback needed?

sticklebrick

Apr 27, 2008
Went from Heathrow - Atlanta, GA (via Paris) with them In August. Decent service - pretty much the same as Delta but not quite as good as BA. Obviously all announcements in French and English which took for ever to finish. On the whole crew was much easier on the eye than other airlines!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Went to Singapore via Paris CDG return around 5 years ago. Never again, leg room was atrocious, on board entertainment was not working and I was hungover as feck.

Saved around £400 vs Singapore airlines though.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Flew back from NRT - Tokyo, Narita - to CDG just over two years ago.

Excellent service, decent leg room, good food and pretty good Ents system.

The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that the day before the flight they swapped out their then only operating A380 in favour of a B777.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Went to Bangkok, cheap but had better food/drink and better staff, good entertainment choices, all staff spoke English and polite. Highly reccommend

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Filth

16 hour delay to Rio meant missed a match at the Maracana

After an age got shipped to a dump for about 4 hours sleep during which time my bag was gone through and the good stuff nicked

Got home and tried to claim only to be told it had to be done 48 hours after the incident

Filth

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Flew London to Bogota, via Paris with them in 2009.

First flight to Paris was on time, second to Bogota taxi'd on time then sat there for 2hrs, thus arriving late.

Flight home from Bogota to Paris was delayed by 6 hours, no explanation given, the airport back then was awful though so who knows what had happened. That meant I had a long wait in Paris for my next flight.

Overall, a bad experience but if all the flights were on time, I'd say it's a decent airline as the service, facilities etc were good. MUCH better than Iberia for example.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Went to Hong Kong with them, will never fly with Air France again after that. Terrible service, awful planes, just a really horrible experience, and I've done a lot of flying. Also involved getting a bus from Charles De Gaulle to Orly which was unnecessary hassle, but I suppose I did get to experience the true rudeness and arrogance of the French.

Went with Air New Zealand six months later and it was a direct flight, was £200 cheaper and service was excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here