Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cliftonville

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So there really is a Cliftonville? I had wondered if it was a figment of Enrest's imagination, but last Saturday I happened to be walking down George Street in Hove and THERE IT WAS.

Hoping to meet Enrest I went in and looked around for the person with the largest sausage, but upon explaining my mission to a rather generously proportioned lady I was unceremoniously asked to leave the premises.

So I will never know. Was Enrest there that morning? Was it indeed him sitting in the corner with someone who looked very much like a sauce? I was doubtful as the gentleman in question only had a regular sized sausage, but Enrest could of course be exaggerating.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
In the 70's the pub next to Hove Station was known as the Cliftonville.
When reading EnrEsT's posts I always picture him in that pub, I didn't know there was another boozer with that name.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I spotted Enrest last week just before he was about to gobble his sausage.

Capture.jpg

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
When reading EnrEsT's posts I always picture him in that pub, I didn't know there was another boozer with that name.

Must admit I thought the same until spotting the one the in George St last year . Ernest must in a time warp in the proper one

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
in the 70's the pub next to hove station was known as the cliftonville.
When reading enrest's posts i always picture him in that pub, i didn't know there was another boozer with that name.

this

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Had my first illegal pub pint in the old Cliftonville. They used to serve 14 year olds without question. Whereas the new one seems to have some sort of over 60s policy and it helps if you've recently pissed yourself.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Had my first illegal pub pint in the old Cliftonville. They used to serve 14 year olds without question. Whereas the new one seems to have some sort of over 60s policy and it helps if you've recently pissed yourself.

this as well :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i bet Northampton Town havnt been in this modern version and rearranged the furniture so to speak.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

This is the Cliftonville I knew, with the steps down towards Conway Street where you picked up the bus to Gillingham. The pub had a bit of a "bloodbath" reputation, though I never saw any bother there. Mind you, I'm talking Worthington "E " and Watneys Red Barrel days. George Street had De Marco's.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We used to occasionally pop over to the Cliftonville on a Sunday evening to see Johnny Diamond dee-jaying for the 3rd night in a row after his Friday and Saturday evening sessions at the William Tell.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Used to watch this bloke play drums in the house band early 70s

dsc01761.jpg

Steve Ferrone - Local lad who has done quite well for himself !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In fact, here he is playing at the superbowl with his seagulls hat

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Apparently he claims to know Enrest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here