Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Customer service

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Has anyone else had grief with Bt broadband/Bt Vision call centres?? I got it installed last week & its been a total nightmare fault beyond fault two engineers round passed from pillar to post via their call centres. Literally been on hold an average of 1hr a pop (9 calls in total) Absolute joke

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Has anyone else had grief with Bt broadband/Bt Vision call centres?? I got it installed last week & its been a total nightmare fault beyond fault two engineers round passed from pillar to post via their call centres. Literally been on hold an average of 1hr a pop (9 calls in total) Absolute joke

Don't even get me started. Seriously, don't. THE worst customer service I've ever received from any organisation or person ever. In fact, BT probably have the singular honour of occupying the top 5 spots out of 5 worst experiences.

The shame is that each individual person seems to genuinely want to help. The organisation is so fragmented, with such poor internal communication, it will just never work.

BT Customer Service? Best oxymoron I've ever seen.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Don't even get me started. Seriously, don't. THE worst customer service I've ever received from any organisation or person ever. In fact, BT probably have the singular honour of occupying the top 5 spots out of 5 worst experiences.

The shame is that each individual person seems to genuinely want to help. The organisation is so fragmented, with such poor internal communication, it will just never work.

You are not wrong they are embarrassingly bad. Its THE worst customer service I have had the displeasure of enduring. Literally put me on hold without any music so I am constantly asking if they are there they just leave you hanging. They just don't seem to ever have a solution and keep passing you around until you get so fked off that I demanded to speak to a manager

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
In recent days I've had to contact BT, Wowcher, Sky and BA. Without doubt BT were the best. On a scale of 10 they scored 2, the rest were varying degrees of minuses.

It all depends on the nature of enquiry and who you get ... very random

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
You have to plug in the wireless hub.

press reset as well that's a classic and just in case you might be a total fkin moron have you checked the wires are in correctly sir?? *cue indian accent*

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
If you can avoid the Indian call centres then BT is bearable, if not then you are in for a very long and stressful time.

TB

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Send them a tweet @btcare and tell them how shit their service is! They will get it sorted in no time!

I had issues with broadband speed and as soon as they were mentioned on social media in a negative light they made contact very swiftly!!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Mate, BT Broadband are the worst of the worst of the worst, funnily enough there was a piece in the Mail about them the other day.

They are complete idiots, were always having problems with them recently, Ive been pulling my hair out, you think you've got somewhere with them after hrs on the phone, hang up and then the problems still there. The fact your through to someone in India who doesn't understand you doesn't help.

Never had such problem with any company like this before its ludicrous, hope its sorted now I will soon find out.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Send them a tweet @btcare and tell them how shit their service is! They will get it sorted in no time!

I had issues with broadband speed and as soon as they were mentioned on social media in a negative light they made contact very swiftly!!

Snap speed issues here so my lad e-mailed them and mentioned the ombudsman,wow letter within two days and contact number in Leicester,case handled my same person all along and Three months free BT Service.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Snap speed issues here so my lad e-mailed them and mentioned the ombudsman,wow letter within two days and contact number in Leicester,case handled my same person all along and Three months free BT Service.

It's the way forward! They don't like bad press!!

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Honestly, if you can still cancel do. They are beyond dire, they make Sky & Virgin Media look amazing.

Since they fixed mine they have been pretty good.

If you have a smartphone, download the speednet.net app to check your download speeds and if they are shit just tweet the image!! Soon sorted!!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

This is what I have found - however individuals don't seem to be empowered to make THE decision that will solve the issue. "I need to check this with my manager first..."

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Yeah, we've had a bad experience after moving recently. There were a few great individuals, battling against legacy computer systems that just don't work together. And they don't/won't understand/realise that their customers see them as "BT" - ie. one company, not various departments, so it's no good blaming engineering/Openreach and vice versa,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here