Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finally I've remembered

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been stewing on this since Monday, but never when in front of a keyboard.

Fingers crossed I can get closure.

At some point in the first half Watford had a fella go down 'injured', in the centre circle.
Watford played on for a minute or so, attacking us, until it became obvious they couldn't get through.

Only then did Watford kick the ball out.

Then we only bloody well went and threw the ball back to them.

Why, in the name of Jehovah, why, did we give them the ball back, the player wasn't even injured.
I fookin well hate that charity at the best of times, but I was livid on Monday.

Once I've got my 'school shoes' issue out and dealt with, I should be able to relax.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I've been stewing on this since Monday, but never when in front of a keyboard.

Fingers crossed I can get closure.

At some point in the first half Watford had a fella go down 'injured', in the centre circle.
Watford played on for a minute or so, attacking us, until it became obvious they couldn't get through.

Only then did Watford kick the ball out.

Then we only bloody well went and threw the ball back to them.

Why, in the name of Jehovah, why, did we give them the ball back, the player wasn't even injured.
I fookin well hate that charity at the best of times, but I was livid on Monday.

Once I've got my 'school shoes' issue out and dealt with, I should be able to relax.

100% agree. If the opposition put the ball out for your team, then I think giving the ball back is only fair, but never if its done for their own player.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
They did still have the ball near our penalty area though, and we did kick it right back to their goalie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They did still have the ball near our penalty area though, and we did kick it right back to their goalie.
No they'd given up on their attack, and half heartedly punted it out, at the bequest of the centre half.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't think they had given up on their attack. I was expecting them to lose the ball and then moan when we didn't kick it out but they kicked it out themselves so I don't have a problem in giving it back. If they had lost the ball then I'm quite happy that we play on.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Minor injuries to players are part and parcel of the game, and play should continue unless the referee decides that an injury is serious enough to warrant immediate medical attention. If a team kicks the ball out simply because one of their players has a slight knock, they shouldn't expect the ball to be returned to them.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Minor injuries to players are part and parcel of the game, and play should continue unless the referee decides that an injury is serious enough to warrant immediate medical attention. If a team kicks the ball out simply because one of their players has a slight knock, they shouldn't expect the ball to be returned to them.

100% this. The referee can choose to stop play whenever he deems fit. I don't understand why players don't play to the whistle in these cases.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here