Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wealthy overseas investors...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Bloom could sell up after bank rolling the club for so long so if this did happen would it signify the demise of our club & would you welcome it with open arms?

Has Bloom got the financial clout to compete should we get into the premier league? We are an excellent investment for a wealthy billionaire

Over to you

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
For all we know Tony might already have others backing him. He's a man who gets about the place and moves in circles of others with money. He'd be more likely to get such people involved in the club as backers or board members than sell it all up after having put so much effort, passion and money into the club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bloom could sell up after bank rolling the club for so long so if this did happen would it signify the demise of our club & would you welcome it with open arms?

Has Bloom got the financial clout to compete should we get into the premier league? We are an excellent investment for a wealthy billionaire

Over to you

My opinion is that you are talking drivel and have next to no knowledge of finance or how to run a business.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd be horrified.

We have a FAN who owns the club and makes all the major decisions. That is an absolutely priceless commodity.

Overseas investors might mean an initial cash injection, but it also brings with it vested interests, impatience, uncertainty and ignorance of what the club is about. Look at the state of Blackburn. OK Cardiff are in the Prem now, but at what cost to the fabric and soul of the club ? Thats not a route I would ever want to see the Albion go down.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Over to you

If you read the thread of the meeting this week, he says he's in it for the long term, so pretty pointless discussing it really, unless you don't believe him.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
You need to see this post in a different light its more hypothetical. You have no idea what I do for a job so how can you back a comment like that?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I'd be horrified.

We have a FAN who owns the club and makes all the major decisions. That is an absolutely priceless commodity.

Overseas investors might mean an initial cash injection, but it also brings with it vested interests, impatience, uncertainty and ignorance of what the club is about. Look at the state of Blackburn. OK Cardiff are in the Prem now, but at what cost to the fabric and soul of the club ? Thats not a route I would ever want to see the Albion go down.

Absolutely agree on this whole heartedly. It def wouldn't be my chosen path but if you are talking competing in the top half of the premier league backer I just wonder if TB would consider?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
hypothetically I have thought this might happen at some time.
to me and this is only my opinion it could be sooner rather than later.
and I don't really care about it one way or the other the club will always exist.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The financial clout needed to compete in The Premiershite would be gained through promotion to it.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
disagree... the top 5 are leagues ahead financially

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He wants the club to be self sufficient, which suggests to me that we might never be able to properly compete with the top 4-6. He is a multi-billionnaire, but I don't think he wants to really get much more of his own wealth tied up in the club.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
is he really a multi billionaire? He wasn't according to the times rich lists. I know he has a huge property portfolio in Australia with is tied up asset but in terms of actual capital available this might be something very different.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
this is true, ok lets go for top 10 or European qual?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather be in League One than have the club run by an American Consortium, Middle East State or Russian Oligarch. Time has not dimmed my astonishment of how fast and far we've come with TB but I'm not sure I want us to be more corporate than we already are.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here