Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephen Ward on his way to Donny after training session

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ward is travelling up to Donny with the rest of the squad on the team coach. The hamstring injury is not as bad as first thought and may feature in Oscar's plans for tomorrow.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will be standard Brighton, we play him, he goes off after 10 mins for Calderon

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will be standard Brighton, we play him, he goes off after 10 mins for Calderon

He'll have a late fitness test tomorrow morning. An interesting dilemma for Oscar , does he give him the nod over Calde with the possibility he wont last 90 minutes or have him on the bench as defensive cover ?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Seems a bit silly to risk him when Calderon is an adequate replacement.

With Bruno on 4 yellows all we need is to risk Ward and he goes off , out for 4 weeks and then Bruno gets another yellow. Best to rest him surely.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I thought he decided to do away with himself during the Profumo affair during the early '60's, so quite a recovery.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With Bruno's yellow cards I would give Ward a little extra time to recover and not risk him this week. I do not think that Calderon is ideal at left back but we could start Maksimenko and if he proves not up to it bring on Calderon.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
WAs Vitalijs the Russian spy she was involved with that led to the resignation of John Profumo ?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
With Bruno's yellow cards I would give Ward a little extra time to recover and not risk him this week. I do not think that Calderon is ideal at left back but we could start Maksimenko and if he proves not up to it bring on Calderon.

What has happened to Chicksen the only player we paid money for this season and who also happens to be a left back?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Play Bruno at right back, and Calde at left back. Rest Ward, and then if Bruno picks up his 5th yellow card, Calde can revert to right back for the visit of Blackburn next week, with Ward coming back in on the left.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is he not out on loan?!

There was talk of Maksimenko going out on loan once Dunk returned from his loan spell. Dunk returned from his loan spell injured so those plans are now on hold.

I will ask again, does anyone know what has happened to Chicksen?

I don't know if he's injured, he didn't feature for the development squad in the defeat to Cardiff earlier in the week. Unless he wasn't being risked as he was being considered as a replacement for Ward.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I don't know if he's injured, he didn't feature for the development squad in the defeat to Cardiff earlier in the week. Unless he wasn't being risked as he was being considered as a replacement for Ward.

I don't understand this signing to be honest. He is the only player we have paid a fee for this season and he has not had a look in on any first team games.
With the way we have been so careful in not wasting our money because of FFP, I would have thought he must have been some player for him to be the only purchased player this season.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't understand this signing to be honest. He is the only player we have paid a fee for this season and he has not had a look in on any first team games.
With the way we have been so careful in not wasting our money because of FFP, I would have thought he must have been some player for him to be the only purchased player this season.

He was brought "for the future". He might have played in the first three games when before we signed ward, but he was injured.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He was brought "for the future". He might have played in the first three games when before we signed ward, but he was injured.

He is 22, and played 46 first team games for MK Dons. I would have thought if he was any good, he should be pushing for a first team spot with the current injury crisis.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here