Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Battlefield 4 / BF4 Thread ***

Flex Your Head

It's out today, although Asda delivered my copy yesterday. I only managed to cram in 40 minutes of multiplayer action but feel initially underwhelmed, (I'm such a massive BF3 fan that I'm not surprised). I'm sure it will grow on me massively, but I just feel a bit narked at some of the button changes and tweaks which feel unnecessary.

Thge reviews seem to be very positive overall, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck right in this weekend.

Anyone else due to be out in the virtual killing fields today?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
FPS games have limited appeal for me these days - certainly in terms of military shooters

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
yeh, a completely oversaturated market atm and will stay that way for a while - nothing changes year on year with these games....

Woah woah woah, BF is the GTA of the FPS world, they havent released a game for two years, and the maps on BF are huge, were not talking Call of Duty here, BF is a peice of art. seriously good games. If you have played it and dont like it, fair enough, but if you havent try it, you might like it. for me it offers something a little different.

as for BF4 I think I will get it if there are copies around.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I wonder if we'll ever see Half Life 3

Now THAT is the £100 million dollar question. Every week I sadly scour the internet for the tiniest signs of a leak or a rumour and every week, I'm left disappointed.

We all thought that Valve were going to release something about it last month, but all they announced was a stupid controller.

You can take your COD's, Battlefields and others and send them to Croydon. Nothing will EVER come close to Half Life 1 & 2!

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Now THAT is the £100 million dollar question. Every week I sadly scour the internet for the tiniest signs of a leak or a rumour and every week, I'm left disappointed.

We all thought that Valve were going to release something about it last month, but all they announced was a stupid controller.

You can take your COD's, Battlefields and others and send them to Croydon. Nothing will EVER come close to Half Life 1 & 2!

The problem is that expectation will be so high that if they announce it and it isn't the greatest game of all time it'll be consider a disappointment

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The problem is that expectation will be so high that if they announce it and it isn't the greatest game of all time it'll be consider a disappointment

You must have been reading the same article as I was the other day which said exactly this...I was worried about that problem for HL2 which was one of those games which was better the second time you played it.

One of the biggest issues I've got with FPS is that either they're too short in their story lines or they are so long, you just get bored to tears of strolling around killing stuff.

I really hope that if they make a new HL that it's a sandbox FPS to match Fall Out 3, which IMHO is the only game which comes close to Half Life

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
You must have been reading the same article as I was the other day which said exactly this...I was worried about that problem for HL2 which was one of those games which was better the second time you played it.

One of the biggest issues I've got with FPS is that either they're too short in their story lines or they are so long, you just get bored to tears of strolling around killing stuff.

I really hope that if they make a new HL that it's a sandbox FPS to match Fall Out 3, which IMHO is the only game which comes close to Half Life

oh man i forgot about farcry 3 - fps games bore me senseless nowadays (bearing in mind i used to play a LOT of counter-striker when i was younger - nothing else will ever come close) i dabbled in battlefield 2 and it was okay

bought farcry 3 on a whim and bloody hell was that good fun - on a CONSOLE too (i cant ****ing stand console fps games)

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think its that I really enjoy FPS games that allow a stealth option - Dishonoured, Deus Ex, Far Cry etc - rather than balls-to-the-wall action, and military shooters tend to go for spectacle

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
oh man i forgot about farcry 3 - fps games bore me senseless nowadays (bearing in mind i used to play a LOT of counter-striker when i was younger - nothing else will ever come close) i dabbled in battlefield 2 and it was okay

bought farcry 3 on a whim and bloody hell was that good fun - on a CONSOLE too (i cant ****ing stand console fps games)

I miss the days of having a computer good enough to play games on. For shooters a mouse and keyboard with the WASD scheme >>> a controller

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think its that I really enjoy FPS games that allow a stealth option - Dishonoured, Deus Ex, Far Cry etc - rather than balls-to-the-wall action, and military shooters tend to go for spectacle

True Dishonoured was amazing but that was mainly due to the incredible level design, might have another playthrough!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here