Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big article on Oscar in todays I newspaper

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The 'full crowd' point, of course, has been discussed elsewhere ....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Decent read. I still sit firmly on the Oscar train. His methods are slowly sinking in. The pressing was more obvious on Monday and i think with Bridcutt returning more protection for the back 4 will cone and the players will have the confidence to press even higher. Once the strikers are fit i can see CMS loving this system as he won t be the only one closing down and i have confidence we will begin to take more chances.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
"We are trying to get the ball back as soon as possible, and higher up the pitch. Normally we try to do it in five seconds. It is tough, but it is one of the things we are working a lot on in the training sessions, a lot of the drills we are doing is for this, transition as soon as possible. The best teams in the world, this is one of the things they control."

This meant, during pre-season, sitting the players down with videos of Barcelona as well as those of Brighton's recent years, and replicating, as far as possible, the coaching drills he used at La Masia. Garcia knows that the transformation will not be immediate. "It is not easy to change it overnight."

I'm happy to wait, watch and enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"My philosophy is to keep the ball, to try to have the ball, to pass the ball as many times as possible and to find the correct moment to score.We are trying to get the ball back as soon as possible, and higher up the pitch. Normally we try to do it in five seconds. It is tough, but it is one of the things we are working a lot on in the training sessions, a lot of the drills we are doing is for this, transition as soon as possible. The best teams in the world, this is one of the things they control."

Sounds simple.... just a pity the correct moment to score doesn't come more often!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Another great article. We HAVE to be patient-if we are, and even some of the trolls on here keep on side, there is a great chance OG will get us to the promised land. It may not happen this season or next but when it does the club will be ready with a great manager and an infrastructure that will keep us in the PL. PLEASE remember that if we lose tomorrow or end up in the bottom half of the table or we continue on this bad run for a while.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
"My philosophy is to keep the ball, to try to have the ball, to pass the ball as many times as possible and to find the correct moment to score.We are trying to get the ball back as soon as possible, and higher up the pitch. Normally we try to do it in five seconds. It is tough, but it is one of the things we are working a lot on in the training sessions, a lot of the drills we are doing is for this, transition as soon as possible. The best teams in the world, this is one of the things they control."

I think Kusczack [sic] and Greer are taking that to mean as high in the air as possible based on some of the route one stuff we've been doing recently :)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think Kusczack [sic] and Greer are taking that to mean as high in the air as possible based on some of the route one stuff we've been doing recently :)

Obviously if your aim is to win the ball higher up the pitch, you need to get it there. Nothing wrong with hurrying that process up rather than the ponderous approach that was becoming predictable last season. Likewise, with the misplaced passes, they're an inevitable consequence of looking for a quick, dangerous ball time and again. Get players back and get better at it and the side will be very hard to live with. We already have bursts of concerted penalty area pressure, which was unusual previously when a lot of possession was in our own half or wide.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Decent article and it brings the hope of some electrifying football. Was interesting to see him say there is only one way to play and you shouldn't change it just because you're losing. I wonder how long the more fickle fans will give him before the inevitable "Oscar doesn't have a plan B" ? Now where have we heard that before ?

Soggy

Mar 22, 2013
Brian Clough held the view that all the time you had the ball the other side couldn't score .........a simple philosophy that seems to have been adopted by the Spanish game with great effect. He also said "Keep the ball on the ground and play it to feet. 'If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds,'he'd have put grass up there!" It still rings true.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Old-Big-Ead-green-jumper.html#ixzz2jO6dEBI4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
"To keep your way. To keep your way. Always to keep your way. It doesn't depend on if you win or not. Because the players have to trust you. And if you change when you lose, they might think [differently]. This is not good for them. They have to know that the manager has only one way."

Looking forward to the experts on here calling for a plan B soon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brian Clough held the view that all the time you had the ball the other side couldn't score .........a simple philosophy that seems to have been adopted by the Spanish game with great effect. He also said "Keep the ball on the ground and play it to feet. 'If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds,'he'd have put grass up there!" It still rings true.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Old-Big-Ead-green-jumper.html#ixzz2jO6dEBI4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I thought Clough's philosophy was "build from the back" He certainly had some good defenders and keepers in his teams

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
But if you're only buying the paper for the article you'd be better buying it for 20p than £1.20.

£1.40 now and i remain one of the fairly few loyal customers, as much on tradition and persistent behaviour as much as anything.
A good interview that enlivens the dialogue on this occasion. I beg to see the Barcelona way come in in full force to witness that combination of grace, toughness when called upon and potency. At the minute, i don't feel it wholly, or see it as the team's philosophy, but time will tell, and i plan to enjoy with the still-living belief that it'll come true that such an interview helps reaffirm.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
£1.40 now and i remain one of the fairly few loyal customers, as much on tradition and persistent behaviour as much as anything.
A good interview that enlivens the dialogue on this occasion. I beg to see the Barcelona way come in in full force to witness that combination of grace, toughness when called upon and potency. At the minute, i don't feel it wholly, or see it as the team's philosophy, but time will tell, and i plan to enjoy with the still-living belief that it'll come true that such an interview helps reaffirm.

O/T i wonder if the I would survive without the Indie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here