Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom talks Poyet, Premier League ambitions, opting for Oscar and Barber's budget boost

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For anyone who could not make the NWSS meeting earlier in the week I went along and was also treated to an interview with Tony Bloom beforehand.

Just thought I would share the resulting blog post.

A few interesting details, like the fact we were facing a seven per cent cut in playing budget this season (ceiling hitting comment explained perhaps?) until Paul Barber's summer cost-cutting saved £2million. Ended up giving Oscar a slightly improved budget.

Also said that the hotel was not DEFINITELY going to go ahead but that the club were exploring the options available to them.

Anyhow, probably nothing ground-breaking, but thought I would share it.

CLICK HERE

And kudos to the club for continuing to provide access to the Albion's various supporter groups.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great read. Just tweeted it. Looks like the second week in a row I'll be getting a B&H Independent.

All the rest of you, have a look. It's certainly set me straight on a couple of things.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
There was also discussions on a range of small issues like betting kiosks

Should be WERE also discussions...

North West Sussex Seagulls had already help similar sessions with...

I think you mean HELD

Apart from this, very good.

I do like our Tony. He manages to say all the right things to keep me reassured and confident

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Should be WERE also discussions...

I think you mean HELD

Apart from this, very good.

I do like our Tony. He manages to say all the right things to keep me reassured and confident

I can't speak for Walt but I don't have a proof reader or a subbie for my blog posts. If I miss something then I miss something. I'd love to know what the Guardian's excuse is and I say that as a reader of it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I wasn't actually trying to be snidey. I was just offering up corrections as a free of charge proofreader.

I think the write up is very good. Just a couple of simple mistakes that slipped under the radar which I'm flagging up for the sake of having them corrected.

I mean no malice!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Great stuff as always Walt.

It looks as if Paul Barber is to the non playing staff what Ashley Barnes is to the playing staff.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Cheers, good piece and welcome insight into Uncle Tony's sound reasoning. We're lucky to have him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks. Very good read and informative. I have posted a link on our Mid Sussex Seagulls Facebook page.

Particularly liked the comment "He also announced that Barber had recently been voted the best chief executive in the league by other Championship clubs. His support for his right hand man was unequivocal".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here