Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch vs Groves Ringside Special

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Shaping up to be the domestic fight of the year, and showing all the hallmarks of shock, Froch over confident IMHO.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Froch will win in 7 or 8 I think.

It'll be a cracker while it lasts, and Groves will give his all, but I can see him ultimately being outclassed and outgunned.

D

Deleted member 18477

I predicted Groves would be Degale on here before he did, he is not a mug as Froch is making out and Froch is not as good as he thinks he is

DeGale v groves was a draw for me. GG got lucky to be given the win.

Froch is world class.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
All designed to sell ppv....Groves is not in the same league.It wont last three rounds. I admit I've been conned many times before into paying fiffteen quid to watch a fight.But I wont be conned this time, total mismatch.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Groves v degale was a draw all day long. Froche should wrap this up inside 9 rounds. Groves is no mug but is also no Froche

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I predicted Groves would be Degale on here before he did, he is not a mug as Froch is making out and Froch is not as good as he thinks he is

I still think it's more of an act from Froch, he's a pretty humble guy normally.. If he can draw Groves into a brawl, he'll win as there's no way GG could live with his aggression and ability to take a punch with relative ease.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
All designed to sell ppv....Groves is not in the same league.It wont last three rounds. I admit I've been conned many times before into paying fiffteen quid to watch a fight.But I wont be conned this time, total mismatch.

Fancy a wager?

Actually nice one...just noticed the gingerbread man is 100/1 for any round in the first half of the fight, 66 in the second half...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Froch to win by rounds 6-8 too much power and experience for Groves.

I like Groves but he was being a **** tonight which is probably nerves and lack of self-belief, on his part.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I like Groves but he was being a **** tonight which is probably nerves and lack of self-belief, on his part.

I thought Froch looked really rattled at the end, I didnt think Groves was that out of order, self belief is not a bad thing, I don't like making sweeping comparisons but everyone wrote Cassius Clay off when he fought Sonny Liston the first time.

I still believe Groves will win.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I thought Froch looked really rattled at the end, I didnt think Groves was that out of order, self belief is not a bad thing, I don't like making sweeping comparisons but everyone wrote Cassius Clay off when he fought Sonny Liston the first time.

I still believe Groves will win.

Styles make fights and I think this one will be a cracker, simply because, it is so difficult to call. One side says old granite chin, will just be too tough and will wear down the less experienced fighter. The other side says that Froch has struggled against fighters with fast hands and good movement and that Groves can fight this way. I am coming down on the side of the latter, but not with any confidence and I certainly won't be throwing any money at this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Froch for me around 10. Just been in with better fighters and only Ward out there better.
Having said that Froch is no spring chicken and although always nothing short of top condition when he enters the ring age does play a part sooner or later.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That nonsense tonight was cringeworthy. I don't understand why Froch didn't just laugh in his face. Exactly the kind of thing that makes non-boxing fans think the whole thing is one big childish pantomime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here