Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When oh when !!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Do you think the Amex will hold its first big named concert like Depeche Mode , Madness Bruce Springsteen or summat like that ????

Your thoughts boys and girls !! :amex: :O

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Fat Boy Slim?!?!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Summer 2014.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Fat Boy is hardly a concert is it i mean a live band !!! :facepalm:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wouldn't get out of bed for anything less than One Direction..... and yes, I am joking.

Are there any restrictions on such things? Do they have to seek permission or get "planning permission" or anything.

But why not next summer, and how about Elton John. he did St Mary's in Southampton a couple of years ago and was very, very good. I'd come for ZZ Top, or Bruce Springsteen, or ........... plenty of other people who probably wouldn't get offered a stadium gig anyway.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bit like you Baz, i'm of the generation who likes the older type of group you mention. Think the Amex would be to big for Madness and Depeche Mode, these days. But Springsteen, The Who or U2 would be epic. How many people could the Amex cater for??? If the stage was set up at the North end it would probably extend out as far as the edge of the pen area, making a section of the west and east out of bounds for viewing. What would that leave appox 8,500 west, 6,000 east, 3,000 south and maybe 10,000 on the pitch???...Maybe 30,000 all in, or am I shooting to low??? Springsteen still sells out 90,000 venues, so I guess that rules him out. But with Daltrey just living up the road The Who would be good, or maybe The Cure even.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It was reported in the Tony Bloom meeting thread that he's hoping for two concerts in 2014......

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Bit like you Baz, i'm of the generation who likes the older type of group you mention. Think the Amex would be to big for Madness and Depeche Mode, these days. But Springsteen, The Who or U2 would be epic. How many people could the Amex cater for??? If the stage was set up at the North end it would probably extend out as far as the edge of the pen area, making a section of the west and east out of bounds for viewing. What would that leave appox 8,500 west, 6,000 east, 3,000 south and maybe 10,000 on the pitch???...Maybe 30,000 all in, or am I shooting to low??? Springsteen still sells out 90,000 venues, so I guess that rules him out. But with Daltrey just living up the road The Who would be good, or maybe The Cure even.

Leo sayer R:rock:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Stadium is too small for a big name, pure and simple.

The Ricoh has staged some big names in the past. Whilst I agree the Amex is to small for the likes of Springsteen and Take That or Robbie. I think there are plenty around it would be the perfect size for. You still got to be pretty big time, to sell 30,000 tickets. From the pics I saw, the fatboy gig looked a total flop, but then who wants to stand in a stadium and watch a dj spinning records and throwing his hands in the air for two hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here