Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumbag [racist Charlton] fans

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolutely fvcking ridiculous , drunk men sing nasty songs , so lets send them to jail, its frightening what this country has become.

Ok then defend this type of behaviour then......

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Absolutely fvcking ridiculous , drunk men sing nasty songs , so lets send them to jail, its frightening what this country has become.

Would you feel the same way if your son had been murdered and then it had taken years for his killers to be brought to justice?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
How can you burn a poppy in public or chant death to out troops in the UK but not be arrested?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Scumbag fans

Where does it say they were drunk? Not that it makes any difference. A drunk racist scumbag is still a racist scumbag.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I think the point of the thread was to question the mentality of the scumbags who were singing the songs. But you go ahead an ignore that, defend them instead...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Whilst they should be punished, a year in prison? That does seem a little excessive.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
How can you burn a poppy in public or chant death to out troops in the UK but not be arrested?

You can get arrested for burning a poppy, depending on the circumstances - you can even get arrested for posting a picture of a poppy being burnt on Twitter!!!!

It's not so much the action that you get arrested and/or convicted for but rather the effect it has or is likely to have on others.

In this case "
"Witnesses said they felt intimidated and feared there was a real and significant risk of violence"

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think the point of the thread was to question the mentality of the scumbags who were singing the songs. But you go ahead an ignore that, defend them instead...

I've heard plenty of fans (including Brighton) sing about Harry Roberts over the years. None of them are serving 18 months for it and having a 8 year break from football as far as I know.

I'm not defending them (as I assume Bushy isn't) but they certainly don't deserve porridge for singing a few songs.

It sets a very worrying precedent.

Feb 14, 2010
I raise an eyebrow at the direction of how "offensive chants" or "offensive views" are becoming "illegal" as Im not sure that being "offensive" should be criminal but there are some football chants that really shouldn't be sung. West Ham guilty of the worst I have heard and it looks like Charlton had a few idiots as well.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Scum bags! Jail term very harsh but what a bunch of spanners! I bet they feel stupid.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
can you show me where i've defended them ?
I've heard plenty of fans (including Brighton) sing about Harry Roberts over the years. None of them are serving 18 months for it and having a 8 year break from football as far as I know.

I'm not defending them (as I assume Bushy isn't) but they certainly don't deserve porridge for singing a few songs.

It sets a very worrying precedent.

To be fair, I shouldn't have accused bushy of defending them. But it felt more sympathetic than angry which surprises me. Do you care that they've been so harshly dealt with or are you suggesting that other crimes should have a more sever punishment?

Anyone singing that sort of shit is a pretty low human being as far as I'm concerned. I actually agree that the sentence is disproportionate compared with many others you read about. But to be honest, I couldn't give a rats arse what happens to them. It's not the harmless singing that really bothers me. It's knowing what they must be like. Horrible people who don't care about anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here