Under the sea
Only one can progress to the quarter finals. Who will it be? YOU decide

2062041.jpg

V

Worlds-End.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
voting for worlds end. never been but the craft beer co is outrageously expensive so doesnt deserve to go through.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
is that the same craft beer co that used to be at the hop poles

The pub at the Hop Poles was Cask not Craft. Both chains are part of the same company, though; Cask focuses more on food and Craft on beer. The reason they gave up the lease of the Cask (Hop Poles) after only a few months was to free up the money to buy outright the pub (ex-Princess Victoria) that is now Craft. So yeah, it's sort of the same pub, sort of.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I haven't been in Craft for a while due to not working in that neck of the woods any more but when I did used to frequent it, I must make mention of how friendly and knowledable the bar staff were. I hope that remains the case now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
voting for worlds end. never been but the craft beer co is outrageously expensive so doesnt deserve to go through.

I think you're confused.

Craft is great, no idea where the 'expensive' tag came from. This isnt the Hop Poles one, it's the Princess Victoria. And boy to I get tipsy everytime I frequent it. The Worlds End has never appealed to me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think you're confused.

Craft is great, no idea where the 'expensive' tag came from. This isnt the Hop Poles one, it's the Princess Victoria. And boy to I get tipsy everytime I frequent it. The Worlds End has never appealed to me.

World's end is ok, I'd wager if they didn't have BBQ Shack they wouldn't have even got out of the group. I wish BBQ Shack had stayed at the Albert but that's for another day.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I haven't been in Craft for a while due to not working in that neck of the woods any more but when I did used to frequent it, I must make mention of how friendly and knowledable the bar staff were. I hope that remains the case now.

Very much worth saying actually. I've always been impressed by their eagerness to talk about the different beers and make knowledgeable recommendations based on what you do and don't like.

Sometimes when you're faced with a selection of beers you don't know it can feel a little awkward asking to try each of them before making a purchase, whereas in the Craft Beer Co it seems positively encouraged. As it should be

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Erm, am I the only one who's found The World's End to be pretty ROUGH?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The handful of times I've been into Craft I've had a great night. In fact I've liked that pub in most of it's incarnations. It was always my escape destination for a pint while the girlfriend was shopping. I fail to see the attraction of TWE. I find it very depressing in there.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Very much worth saying actually. I've always been impressed by their eagerness to talk about the different beers and make knowledgeable recommendations based on what you do and don't like.

Sometimes when you're faced with a selection of beers you don't know it can feel a little awkward asking to try each of them before making a purchase, whereas in the Craft Beer Co it seems positively encouraged. As it should be

Almost a year ago they had a cranberry milk stout for sale made by one of the barstaff. The cranberry added flavour and bitterness to the milky stout. aMAZING. I was utterly shitfaced by the end.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Nope, I have never liked the place. Dingy, filthy and all in all rather crappy. Hellish location too. I would describe it as a charmless place.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope, I have never liked the place. Dingy, filthy and all in all rather crappy. Hellish location too. I would describe it as a charmless place.

Not quite sure how it's made it this far, when North Laine Brewery and The Eagle aren't even in the contest (AFAIK).

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

Nope. I'm no fan of the place either and was surprised to see it make it into the second round. However it's worth pointing out that it was the lowest scoring qualifying pub, placing a LONG way behind Group E's runaway winner The Basketmakers

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Not quite sure how it's made it this far, when North Laine Brewery and The Eagle aren't even in the contest (AFAIK).

Neither received a single nomination.

I actually rather like the North Laine but don't know that I'd put it forward for this competition because whilst it serves its purpose well I'm not sure I'd class it a classic boozer.

As for the Eagle, I like the place but it's ever so expensive. And it probably suffers from being opposite the Basketmakers too, which distracts people

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think you're confused.

Craft is great, no idea where the 'expensive' tag came from.

not saying its not good what they're trying to do, but i just recall being shocked at the price of a round, and im used to London prices. what we where drinking certinly wasnt 2.90.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here