Votes: 84 88.4%
  • The Windmill

Votes: 11 11.6%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The fifth second round tie of the competition sees group E winner The Basketmakers Arms face off against group F runner up The Windmill

5214191BF8A1488EB6F9FE317FDCF7CE.ashx

V

thewindmill.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Windmill is a nice pub but it's been given a shocking draw here, Basketmakers is going to ROMP home.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Windmill is a nice pub but it's been given a shocking draw here, Basketmakers is going to ROMP home.

The fact of the matter is there are NO easy games at this stage.

We've already lost some heavyweights in the second round, including the Great Eastern and the Heart in Hand. There are simply too many good pubs for anyone to get a bye at this stage

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I voted Windmill only because I don't really know the Basketmakers very well. Although the very last time I was in the windmill a few years ago I had a very dodgy stomach and shit myself. Had to run and get a cab home. All very sordid.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
The fact of the matter is there are NO easy games at this stage.

We've already lost some heavyweights in the second round, including the Great Eastern and the Heart in Hand. There are simply too many good pubs for anyone to get a bye at this stage

We all like The Windmill but The Baskets tends to generate the sort of affection that borders on love. This was always going to be a walk over.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I've been to the Windmill about 5 times in 15 years. Each time I had an awful hangover next day, maybe the pumps werent good. That was a long time ago though.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i remember the windmill having an 'eastenders' fruit machine for a while, and every few minutes frank butcher would growl 'watch that grant mitchell' if the machine was idle. it gets my vote just for that for some reason stuck-in-my-head memory of years ago. i cant remember the basketmakers ever having anything as downmarket as an eastenders fruit machine. they would probably have an archers one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Windmill is good if you can get a seat, otherwise it's a very cramped annoying evening. And you don't wanna be standing next to me (see my last post).

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Brighton Pub World Cup Second Round - Basket

Windmill.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forum Fiend v1.0.1.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I just like the cosiness of the Baskets, in my experience even when rammed the service is very good as is the ale. The grub is decent too and the tobacco tin messages give it a nice quirky character. The Windmill is a nice pub too, but not in the same league as The Basketmakers sadly.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Windmill is good if you can get a seat, otherwise it's a very cramped annoying evening. And you don't wanna be standing next to me (see my last post).

You can say the same thing about the 'Makers except even if you get a seat then it's still cramped.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I predict the Basketmakers v The Trafalgar in the final, if the draw permits.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here