Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio on-air requests [and some Facebook behaviour] ... they are so pathetic

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
"Please can you play Love Me Do for my wife Helen and tell her I love her very much".

If you want to tell your wife you love her, tell her yourself. We, the radio listeners, DON'T CARE. We don't know you, we don't know your wife, and we certainly are not particularly concerned whether you love her or not.

These mindless stupid requests drive me mad. Why can't they just get on with playing the music?

And then on Popmaster Ken Bruce asks the contestant questions such as "what do you do for a living?" and "what are your plans for the weekend?" Again, WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Just get on with the programme.

Far too much mindless drivel on the wireless.

And, yes, I know I can turn it off, and regularly do so ....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
If you are only interested in the music, try 6music.

Plenty of people do like the mindless drivel. For many it is company. I can take it or leave it, which depends on the presenter more than anything else

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"Please can you play Love Me Do for my wife Helen and tell her I love her very much".

If you want to tell your wife you love her, tell her yourself. We, the radio listeners, DON'T CARE. We don't know you, we don't know your wife, and we certainly are not particularly concerned whether you love her or not.

These mindless stupid requests drive me mad. Why can't they just get on with playing the music?

And then on Popmaster Ken Bruce asks the contestant questions such as "what do you do for a living?" and "what are your plans for the weekend?" Again, WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Just get on with the programme.

Far too much mindless drivel on the wireless.

And, yes, I know I can turn it off, and regularly do so ....

If you listen to Radio 2 you are going to get this.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Try Absolute radio.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What are your views on people leaving Facebook messages to people who clearly aren't going to be on Facebook, such as "A very happy first birthday to my beautiful littlly boy George" and the like?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What are your views on people leaving Facebook messages to people who clearly aren't going to be on Facebook, such as "A very happy first birthday to my beautiful littlly boy George" and the like?

Its a bit silly, isn't it. Not as silly as sending facebook messages to your DOG, though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'd put that on a par with people who leave Facebook messages saying "Soooooo pissed off right now" - and just leaving it there.

Cue dozens of replies saying

"Whats up hun ?"
"Here for you xx"
"Message me if u wanna tlk"
"You ok babe ? xxxx"
"Sending hugs"

Seriously makes me want to VOMIT all over my phone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd put that on a par with people who leave Facebook messages saying "Soooooo pissed off right now" - and just leaving it there.

"Whats up hun ?"
"Here for you xx"
"You ok babe ? xxxx"
"Sending hugs"

You've not finished the story there. You forgot:

"Message sent"
"Replied"
"Replied"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

"Whats up hun ?"
"Here for you xx"
"You ok babe ? xxxx"
"Sending hugs"

Does my head IN.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or couples having domestics live on Facebook. TALK TO EACH OTHER, stop being determined to be on stage in front of everyone.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

"Whats up hun ?"
"Here for you xx"
"You ok babe ? xxxx"
"Sending hugs"

That's a bit harsh on Seagulls Chat

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

"Whats up hun ?"
"Here for you xx"
"You ok babe ? xxxx"
"Sending hugs"

I came off Facebook about 18 months ago because this sort of thing wanted to make me smash up my laptop/ipad/iphone.

Its one of the best things i've ever done. A key benefit is I seldom get invited now to Birthdays and other social events which I never wanted to attend in the first place. The all time worst Facebook updates are the ones just after a celeb has died

e.g.

Diana RIP
Whitney, So sad, RIP
etc etc

Why people feel the need to show the world they give a shit is beyond me. Cockwombles.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

"Whats up hun ?"
"Here for you xx"
"You ok babe ? xxxx"
"Sending hugs"

Was on Facebook for a few months, decided it was an utter waste of time unless you were a teenager (or thought like one). Long since terminated my account....

As for the original poster, Ken Bruce is one of the last decent presenters on Radio 2, the carrot headed tw*t that precedes him, Vine's rent-a gob show and Steve 'no discernible talent' Wright are all unlistenable.:nono:

EDIT Vanessa Feltz is doing Vines r-a-g show this week and is even worse! :shit:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Top quality Thursday moaning on show here. I'll add:

"Add this to your wall for 3 days if you hate cancer"

or that ****ing giraffe thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Glad I'm not alone in that irk of mine then.
Another one - people who update their Facebook status with "Morning peeps x"

What. Is. The. POINT ? How can there possibly be a reply to that of even the REMOTEST interest to anyone ? The replies invariably go

"MORNING!" (exclamation mark and capitals, to try and sound "chirpy"
"Hey babe" (slightly desperate suggestion of flirtiness)
"Good morning" (well, what else is there to say type reply)
":eek:)" (everyone else has already said what I was going to say, so I'll just do a little smily"

And then you'll have half a dozen "likes". I mean seriously, you LIKED a post that said "Morning peeps" that much that you felt compelled to use a mouse click, or use up another fraction of your 3G dataplan, to regsiter online that you LIKED reading someone saying "Morning peeps".

Its times like these I genuinely fear for our species.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Glad I'm not alone in that irk of mine then.
Another one - people who update their Facebook status with "Morning peeps x"

What. Is. The. POINT ? How can there possibly be a reply to that of even the REMOTEST interest to anyone ? The replies invariably go

"MORNING!" (exclamation mark and capitals, to try and sound "chirpy"
"Hey babe" (slightly desperate suggestion of flirtiness)
"Good morning" (well, what else is there to say type reply)
":eek:)" (everyone else has already said what I was going to say, so I'll just do a little smily"

And then you'll have half a dozen "likes". I mean seriously, you LIKED a post that said "Morning peeps" that much that you felt compelled to use a mouse click, or use up another fraction of your 3G dataplan, to regsiter online that you LIKED reading someone saying "Morning peeps".

Its times like these I genuinely fear for our species.

Morning Easy! x

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here