Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Chailey Development; Please oppose

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Hi All,

Calling all fellow Seagulls living out in the wilds of Sussex.....
http://gradwellpark.info/

Could you please take just 60 seconds to oppose this development in South Chailey?

In essence the proposed development:
*Will significantly increase traffic in a beautiful, safe rural location
*Financially non-viable development providing private nursing only for those who can afford it
*Wrong location, insufficient amenities within several mile radius
*No overriding local need
*Poor transport links
*Not sustainable - all facilities, support and staff will need to be transported into site
*Hindrance not an asset to the existing local infrastructure and community
*Will not add to the community provision for sports and recreation

If you are in opposition please post the link to your Facebook wall.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QF55PZD

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone else feel guilty about opposing new builds after the struggle we went through to get the Amex?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Theses things have to go somewhere and I'm no nimby so is there a place where I can sign in favour?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does anyone else feel guilty about opposing new builds after the struggle we went through to get the Amex?

I agree, it would be hypocritical to object to that.

There's a shortage of homes in the south-east and we're going to have to get used to seeing planning proposals like these. And with an ageing population, we'll need more retirement homes too. I think the NIMBYs and BANANAs better get used to it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We have a housing crisis in this part of the country and these developments are necessary and have to go somewhere. Tough luck.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Financially non viable - hilarious, so they know they are going to lose money but, what the heck, let's build anyway?
Traffic increase from 40 dementia suffers, brilliant

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
yup - count me in. I've put my name down for one of those retirement apartments; hopefully it will be ready by the time I need it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont see the problem, the objections are flimsy and generic. i love the traffic arguement, other than twice a day during term time there's bugger all traffic down there. usual "green belt" arguement that ignores its wedged between other existing development. if the then residents of the local parish had objected to green belt development in the 1960s, there wouldnt be a South Chailey.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
dont see the problem, the objections are flimsy and generic. i love the traffic arguement, other than twice a day during term time there's bugger all traffic down there. usual "green belt" arguement that ignores its wedged between other existing development. if the then residents of the local parish had objected to green belt development in the 1960s there wouldnt be a South Chailey.

This is the biggest hypocrisy people who object to developments on the edge of towns when they live on the edge of towns and the house that they live in was built under similar circumstances in the 80s. If all developments like this were refused we'd all be living together with our families under the same roof 3 to a bedroom.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to agree with the majority of posters (in fact overwhelming majority). Get fed up with people that live in areas objecting to others living in the same area. I wonder how many that object to the proposal are residents of Pouchlands which, used to be a facility for geriatrics and mental health but was converted to provide housing. So, in effect all this is doing is replacing a facility that used to exist in the village.

We need housing and that means some people will have to put up with losing a bit of their view or a bit of increased traffic. The homes you live in spoilt the view for others when they were built so what gives you the right to stop others living there. In Burgess Hill we have plans for 4000 new homes. In that instance the issues are ensuring that there is the infrastructure to support it, ie schools, GP surgeries etc etc. The development at Chailey is a drop in the ocean.

Finally, would be interesting to re visit this thread in about 30 years time to see if any of those objecting to the development end up as residents!!!!

What you might call a massive own goal by the OP.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i used to live in south chailey opposite the swan inn. in the past 10 years the amount of housing estates that have popped up around there is staggering

however, i dont really see the problem of putting the retirement complex there, from what i remember there is nothing there atm - can't see it affecting traffic too badly, its only ever slightly bad there during the school runs, apart from that its pretty much completely dead (having lived there for 16 years i know it well enough.)

id be more worried for the poor future residents who will be dangerously close to the school and the rascals inside

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Build it and they shall come - Nice location for them, shouldn't be too confusing for the residents etc. APPROVED!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Hi All,

Calling all fellow Seagulls living out in the wilds of Sussex.....
http://gradwellpark.info/

Could you please take just 60 seconds to oppose this development in South Chailey?

In essence the proposed development:
*Will significantly increase traffic in a beautiful, safe rural location
*Financially non-viable development providing private nursing only for those who can afford it
*Wrong location, insufficient amenities within several mile radius
*No overriding local need
*Poor transport links
*Not sustainable - all facilities, support and staff will need to be transported into site
*Hindrance not an asset to the existing local infrastructure and community
*Will not add to the community provision for sports and recreation

If you are in opposition please post the link to your Facebook wall.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QF55PZD

Is this a joke? More people, more buildings, you don't attend The Amex then. Sorry I'm in favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here