Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moisturiser

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Evening chaps, I’m currently in the market for a new moisturiser. I know NSC is known for its handsome gentleman who don’t believe looking after yourself is ‘gay’, therefore what better place to ask for a recommendation? I’ve recently started a new stint on the sunbeds so my skin is getting a little dry around the nose, hence the need for a new moisturiser. I don’t want my skin to become greasy, nor do I want to be left with a shiny forehead.

Thanks chaps

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
When I can afford it I use Nivea Rehydrating Moisturizer for Men - if not, Tesco's own brand is alright :thumbsup:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I know NSC is known for its handsome gentleman who don’t believe looking after yourself is ‘gay’,

True -looking after yourself isn't gay.

But slapping moisturiser on your skin isn't looking after yourself. In normal circumstances most people's skin contains all the natural oils it needs. Waste of money.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
sunbeds cause cancer. if you care about your skin that much, dont use sunbeds.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Olay is considered the best value for money in terms of the quality. It usually tops consumer/expert polls as being superior to all of the more expensive alternatives.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lancaster Aquamilk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Lidl sell some decent cosmetics that have been proved to be as good or better than the brand names at a fraction of the cost, don't knock it because it is shitty old Lidl.
By the way you will find the cosmetics shelf between the dartboards and the car wheel trims.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whatever the wife has on the rare occasion that I need it. Not much help is it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I do a lot of work on screen and come into contact with a lot of make-up artists, I used to swap and change moisturiser all the time until about 4 years ago when one of them recommended using Vaseline Essential Moisture Aloe Vera. It costs about 4 quid for an amount that'll last over a month. It's pretty much the best thing I've used and have used it ever since. Since then when asked what I use by make up bods and I tell them all of them have agreed it's about the best thing you can use. That's good enough for me.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Oil of Ulay for me. Accept nothing else boys!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's all the same and the skin only allows a certain depth of penetration. So the cheapest one.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I use the boots brand Aveeno, but use mine for eczema. Doesn't leave my hands greasy which is great for work and lasts all day practically.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
FFS, has the season finished early!
Only to be found on a Brighton and Hove Albion Forum.
Are there any REAL men left? (apart from me that is).

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You should also use a dedicated product for around the eyes as most moisturisers/cremes are too heavyweight for this area. A good one will not only moisturise and hide 'crows feet, but will lighten the appearance of dark rings.

Only on an Albion forum!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I prefer a moisturizing foundation that hides any blemishes I have got from my aggressive facial scrubbing with a brillo pad. I also need a separate one for my legs after I have shampooed them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here