Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Marching Bands - time for a UK rebirth!?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
During the brief horror of my time in the RAF, before coming to my senses, and joining the RN, I was in the RAF Apprentice wing band at Hereford...used to hate doing football matches haha...
Only military band worth seeing is the Royal Marines anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCeDBJlghyY

Our Marines band on the old Ark Royal used to play 'Thunderbirds' when we were entering harbour. Quality.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Funny that. I was only talking about this Monday night. Bring back the Boys Brigade and have the Albion paraded out to GOSBTS performed by the RM band

Proper marching band (ie military style marching up and down style) not the 'orrible American idea of one. Haven't been for a while but the Kohima Band are a stirring sight at Lewes Bonfire and their full on rendition of "GOSBTS" is a joy to the ears, particularly when I heard it at full volume well after midnight there one year.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
qs2011-lwhitcomb153_2.png

Who remembers the Marching Ambassadors at the Goldstone?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
qs2011-lwhitcomb153_2.png

Who remembers the Marching Ambassadors at the Goldstone?

My girls were in the 6 th hove scouts band. They did loads of drum core and BYBA competitions all over Britain and some in Europe. The other brighton based band were southern aurora and they were a good band too. I did suggest to dick and the team that we looked at local collegiate type bands at withdean but nick Rhodes ( if that was his name ) said no and that was that.

If you get to see some of these superb bands from all over the country you do see some terrific talent ...senators of Eastleigh were the best for years!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My girls were in the 6 th hove scouts band. They did loads of drum core and BYBA competitions all over Britain and some in Europe.

I was in The Haywards Heath and District Scout and Guide Band. Absolutely loved it. Played in loads of competitions as you say, and the highlight every year was the one held in The Royal Albert Hall - I've played there about 7 times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here