Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV Repair advice

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Afternoon, you beautiful people.

I've got a 26" Samsung TV (LE26R41BD model). Recently, the picture has been overlayed with a blue tint...firstly this was sporadic and would come and go but has been consistant for a couple of days now. The picture quality other than that is fine, as is the sound.

I've tried to remove any external connections (all that is connected is an HDMI cable for my Xbox and the Aerial lead) but this changes nothing. I've even tried a factory reset (as recommended by Samsung) but to no avail.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do or what the issue could be? Can anyone recommend a reliable (and ideally low cost) TV repair bloke to come and fix it? I'm Littlehampton based, fwiw.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How long have you had it ? No warranty or anything?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Did someone buy you a pair of Smurf glasses got your birthday?

They did, but i lost them. It's like they've never gone missing though :thumbsup:

How long have you had it ? No warranty or anything?

I bought it off a mate when i moved in, which was over 2 years ago. He'd had it for about the same time, i think.

A quick Google suggests that this is a common fault, that could be fixed with a firmware update. Some other possible troubleshooting tips on this link:

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/98439-samsung-lcd-tv-blue-tinted-screen.html

Cheers for that - oddly enough i did a quick search, found that but there's no magnets nearby and no firmware upgrade to make. :(

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Probably cheaper to buy a new one

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I know you said you have disconnected almost everything, but I occasionally had this problem with a dodgy scart connection. A little wiggling of said connection sorted it for me, so trying wiggling all your connected bits. (oo err)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cheers for that - oddly enough i did a quick search, found that but there's no magnets nearby and no firmware upgrade to make. :(

Did your mate have external surround speakers ? If they are are not magnetically shielded they can cause the tint problem although I used to have a Philips TV which had a green tint which slowly got worse but I didn't have surround speakers at the time. Firmware upgrades disappear from manufacturers websites after 4 or 5 years as the TV is considered obsolete. I have a 50 inch Samsung plasma which I bought from my son a couple of years ago and it is now 5 years old and that has a inch high red tinge in the bottom right hand corner of the screen when it has been on all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here