Votes: 80 76.2%
  • The Shakespeare's Head

Votes: 25 23.8%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Group D's victor, the popular Battle of Trafalgar now faces Group C runner up the Shakespeare's Head, or Shakies.

Confusion in the group stage saw the Shakespeare's Head erroneously listed with the WRONG address which may have affected voting, so for clarity this is the pub on Chatham Place, up the hill from Brighton station, close to Seven Dials.

The Battle of Trafalgar needs no introduction.

3380090988_5210086a77_z.jpg

V

10156745.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Traf is my favourite pub so it's an easy one for me. The shakies has the best Sunday roast around (and only decent one ive had), but dreadful selection of beer.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No brainer, stright off the train pint of harveys and some scampi fries please. Also the battle of trafalger has a cracking beer garden.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Battle wins this one hands down.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Trafalgar is surely in with a shout of winning the whole thing, I confess it is my favourite. I do like Shakies but the ale selection lets it down big time, which is kind crucial when judging a pub competition.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
This is a tough call, as I like both. The Battle of Trafalgar is one of my 'hair of the dog' pubs and if I was going to watch a match in the pub on a Sunday afternoon, it's quite often where I would call in first for a drink and some lunch. It's one of those pubs where I don't mind if it is otherwise empty, it just has that cosy feel to it. I like Shakespeare's Head too and it has a very relaxed atmosphere. If I'm picking one, however, I'll go for the Battle of Trafalgar.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Favourite Brighton pub and used to live nearly opposite. They'll be dancing in the streets of Guildford Road, if this carries on. Go Traf.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
B.O.T. a deserved winner - when I used to commute to London this place was one of the things that made it bearable.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thoroughly endorse all the favourable comments about the Trafalgar, and this despite the fact that one of their bar staff is a diehard Palace fan!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It also sounds as though a fair few NSC contributors drink there on match days. Maybe we should designate a particular match and ask everyone to wear post-it's after the match with their NSC user name on them and we can all have a jolly good natter!! Or maybe a degree of anonymity is better!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Trafalgar is surely in with a shout of winning the whole thing, I confess it is my favourite. I do like Shakies but the ale selection lets it down big time, which is kind crucial when judging a pub competition.
Indeed. It was ok till it got taken over by Drink In Brighton. Like many of Brighton's pubs.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
No. He moved to The Dragon in Kemptown, (now a coffee shop). Now he works in some offices around the station somewhere. Zara behind the bar will have his number.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here