Votes: 38 38.8%
  • The Lord Nelson

Votes: 60 61.2%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Both great, great pubs. But there can only be one winner from this tie, to progress to the quarter finals.

The Great Eastern was the seeded team in Group C and went through top whilst the Lord Nelson was Group D's runner up.

Get voting

10156845.jpg

V

The_Lord_Nelson,_Brighton_-_geograph.org.uk_-_672130.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Some might call this The Battle of Trafalgar (Street).

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Hmm, a toughie. Trafalgar Street is much like Southover Street in the sense that it has 4 different pubs (well, actually 5 in Southover's case) each aimed at different target audiences. The Nelson is kind of the spit-and-sawdust, traditional alehouse offering whereas The Great Eastern is a bit more of an after work or first port of call of the evening venue. Both serve their audiences well, but if I'm picking one, I'll go for The Great Eastern.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Both good, but I have to say I spend more time in The Eastern than I do the Gary. Also the Eastern introduced me to Bookers small batch bourbon and Platte Valley corn whiskey and I am forever grateful for that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This I going to be tight hoping the Albion connection doesn't swimg this for the Nelson, it's the Eastern for me.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
this is like getting Italy v Spain or Barzil v Argentina in the 2nd round of a WC... unsatisfactory but there can be only one,

The Nelson wins, purely for its albion-ness

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ouch. beer vs everything else. Great Eastern shades it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Great Eastern for it's varied and interesting ales plus the bottled specials.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Great Eastern. Even the front door is lovely.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Voting now CLOSED

Well this has been quite the turn around.

It looked like the Great Eastern was on course for the Quarter Finals but the Nelson's late surge has seen it emerge victorious. The Great Eastern becomes the third top seed to exit the competition after the Mitre and the Hand in Hand were eliminated in the group stage.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Failed to vote in time but would have gone for Nelson as its one of the pre match pubs I visit if coming in from town and enjoy the Harvey's.

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
Is anybody going to putting this fantastic idea onto a website or in some kind of tournament / bracket format?! Would love to send it around to a load of non NSC mates..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It looked like the Great Eastern was on course for the Quarter Finals but the Nelson's late surge has seen it emerge victorious. The Great Eastern becomes the third top seed to exit the competition after the Mitre and the Hand in Hand were eliminated in the group stage.

I wondered what happened to the Mitre. I wasn't on NSC for a few days and missed that poll: a travesty

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Is anybody going to putting this fantastic idea onto a website or in some kind of tournament / bracket format?! Would love to send it around to a load of non NSC mates..

I am working on collating all the results onto my own website, but the voting is still going to take place here as this is where the voters are.

Once it's all up and ready I'll put a link up so you can follow the tournament from start to finish in one place. I might even make a wallchart

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
Wallchart would be amazing. Reckon you could flog it to the students for a bit as well.

Add an autograph section you need to get the landlords to sign.

I'd probably fork out for a sticker album for my nephews as well. Maybe a commemorative coin collection?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here