Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward out... who is in?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Would you try Chicksen, Maksimenko or put Calde there even though he isn't a left sided player?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It'll be Calde..probably

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Calderon is our best right back, I'd play him at right back. He is badly exposed when he plays at left back. So I'd give Chicksen or Maksimenko a go at left back. Never understand why managers sometimes chose to play people out of position.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Bruno had moments of quality on Monday but not nearly enough, Calde in at right back and Maxi in for Ward

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Not sure how his confidence is at the moment perhaps Lopez may be given a chance im sure he played there a few times when subs were made under Poyet and did ok .

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd give Chicksen a go, why sign him if we are not going to play him?

You have a point and Doncaster whilst not an easy game is possibly a good game to give him a whirl

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Not sure how his confidence is at the moment perhaps Lopez may be given a chance im sure he played there a few times when subs were made under Poyet and did ok .

Dave played well at right back a few times last season
Not sure he ever played left back though
Like Calde but always gets badly exposed playing left back

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Calderon is our best right back, I'd play him at right back. He is badly exposed when he plays at left back. So I'd give Chicksen or Maksimenko a go at left back. Never understand why managers sometimes chose to play people out of position.

to be fair, don't think Oscar's had much choice at the mo' .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maksimenko as he's been playing competitive football for his country. Chicksen has looked a bit out of place when he's played.

What is that based on? Friendlies? and Newport (where I think he came on)?

Bit unfair, I would argue that he's been outstanding for the Development Squad when I've watched them, but then that is 'just' the Development Squad.

Still, I would go with Calderon......

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
think we were that confident at Yeovil if I remember rightly ?

I was not confident for Yeovil and neither am I for Doncaster but they are one of the less threatening sides in the division and if we sign players they really should be up to playing when there are no other genuine options, imo.

What message does it send to the players and what is the point in having and paying players in the 1st team squad if we're not even going to give them a game in circumstances like this?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hasnt Chicksen been on the bench recently? However, I think the fact that it was Calderon that was brought on tells you hwats going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here