Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your existing power supplier,price rises and switching.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Ovo too, I even chose their more expensive tariff because of their (lack of) environmental impact, and it was still cheaper than npower and BG...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With Eon but fixed for two years (before this price round hike). Checked out Ovo and appears I could save upto £10 a year. Afraid that's not enough to make me switch, as I also have my F.I.T. through them.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
However,Drew this is my point the market has to be rigged/fixed call it what you want as i believe two of the Big 6 are offering deals of fixed rates until 2017 in the oil and gas market which we know can be errattic just how can you do that ? It's £1.29.9 per litre for unleaded at Morrison's in Leek at the moment however it seem's even after asking the manager of the store he was unable to asure me that it would be the same price in 2017. Why not ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
However,Drew this is my point the market has to be rigged/fixed call it what you want as i believe two of the Big 6 are offering deals of fixed rates until 2017 in the oil and gas market which we know can be errattic just how can you do that ? It's £1.29.9 per litre for unleaded at Morrison's in Leek at the moment however it seem's even after asking the manager of the store he was unable to asure me that it would be the same price in 2017. Why not ?

what your say is that because you dont understand the machinery of how they price and account for the forward planning, it must be rigged? taking your petrol, if you were to go to buy oil by the barrel you can get an asured price for 2017. $82 a bbl as it goes, a 20% discount to todays price.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a rigged market. Any move you make will save you about thruppence a quarter. Still worth doing tho, just to piss off your current provider.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I signed with Scotch Power a few days back, fixed price for 18 months. A few days later they announce price rises

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
SSE
NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM
we are on the discount scheme they read the meter every 6 months
we got a new boiler, cavity wall insulation and roof insulation all for free
so we probably owe them
Oh and we have been with them about 10 years both in Wales and here in Eastbourne

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
what your say is that because you dont understand the machinery of how they price and account for the forward planning, it must be rigged? taking your petrol, if you were to go to buy oil by the barrel you can get an asured price for 2017. $82 a bbl as it goes, a 20% discount to todays price.

With your 'inside working knowledge' of the industry fix pump prices now then ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out that in my case my best deal is with my current provider. When that runs out I'll shop around again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here