Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How poor was Lloyd Doyley?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Was he right back? If so, he had the beating of Conway all night. Conway's pace compared to him was laughable.

Whereas Harding has left the Amex a broken man on more than one occasion on coming up agaist our Will.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was he right back? If so, he had the beating of Conway all night. Conway's pace compared to him was laughable.

Whereas Harding has left the Amex a broken man on more than one occasion on coming up agaist our Will.

This, made Conway look like a snail.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But his technique on the ball was offensively bad. My cat could play a better pass then he can.

And he's rubbish.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Had a good game I thought, much better than our RB.

You're kidding? He was utter comedy. Re-watching now and his technique is comfortably the worst in the league. Comfortably. There are no other players at Championship as useless with the ball as he is.

Even El-Abd 7 years ago was better. MICHEL KUIPERS is better.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I said this too last night.

Wasn't he their right centre back?

Can't believe he plays for their side. Bit of an ugly mug too..

Right of the 3. He adds experience but nothing else. Really weird player, but has Premier League experience!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
He was shocking in his defensive role but looked a bit better going forward. Surprised we did not push Buckley up against him. No way was he Championship standard.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He looked solid to me and sky were loving him.

Jesus H CHRIST.

Talk about people seeing different games and wanting different things in players. A decade ago I would have liked to see someone like Doyley play for us, solid, strong, determined etc... but football has moved on. The fact he has 400 appearances for Watford is pretty damning for them as a club. What a terrible footballer, classic England defender with all brawn and no brain.

Rubbish player.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually, I thought he got some decent interceptions in and won some important headers.
Didn't stand out as a weak link to me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Jesus H CHRIST.

Talk about people seeing different games and wanting different things in players. A decade ago I would have liked to see someone like Doyley play for us, solid, strong, determined etc... but football has moved on. The fact he has 400 appearances for Watford is pretty damning for them as a club. What a terrible footballer, classic England defender with all brawn and no brain.

Rubbish player.

He's a solid cog in a team full of flair. Bit like Matt Upson, though obviously lower quality.
Didn't think anyone on the pitch was rubbish last night.

Edit: Nope, I take that back. Ekstrand was rubbish last night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here