Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fake Crowd Noise through the tannoy?

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Any one aware of fake crowd noises being played through the tannoy last night?

Some people on Twitter seem to think it's true?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
If it was it was very quiet as I didn't hear anything, crowd were very quiet but for a short spell after the equaliser.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Utter nonsense.....if it was the case you would have thought the "Fake noise" would have been louder so you could notice it!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Ah, the joys of wild internet made-up rumours.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Probably untrue but it's something that might well be considered for Old Trafford for future games. The prawn sandwich brigade were stunned in to silence by Stoke last week and only woke up for the last 10 minutes when they nicked a winner......

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've often wondered if you could use noise-cancelling technology to effectively silence the away fans (the same way active noise cancelling headphones blank out background noise)

Conspiracy theory surely, I have it on good authority that we are only getting 10,000 crowds and the appearance of full seats is all done by holograms. This explains the need for the new aerial on the stadium. Holograms are also used to create the crowd affect going to and from the buses and trains. I am sure there is something on YouTube explaining all this.

If it were ever to happen I would simply walk out and hand my season ticket to the first person I saw.

I am not a fan of anything contrived, Spanish Day was a load of old balls, Fright Night was just about bearable as it was aimed at kids.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Fan Zone...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They did do it at Man City, as per Guardian journo on The Football Weekly.

I booed into a microphone pre match and they kept replaying it over the tannoy whenever Forrestieri touched the ball.:vuvu:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I've often wondered if you could use noise-cancelling technology to effectively silence the away fans (the same way active noise cancelling headphones blank out background noise)

My son is convinced we need a large velvet curtain that we could pull round the away fans to absorb the noise... or serve the same thing that gets put in all the drinks in the east stand because it works in silencing them!

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Probably untrue but it's something that might well be considered for Old Trafford for future games. The prawn sandwich brigade were stunned in to silence by Stoke last week and only woke up for the last 10 minutes when they nicked a winner......

i agree ....shocking atmosphere

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

I'm convinced that just before kick off (5-10 mins) when we play away, the ground staff turn up the music volume to drown us out. Definitely happened at St. Mary's a few years ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here