Votes: 22 14.7%
  • Yellow Card, No goal

Votes: 41 27.3%

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Any option saying red card invalidates the second option as he wouldn't be on the pitch to make the shot that did or didn't cross the line

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Options for 'no card, no goal' and 'no card, goal'?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Options for 'no card, no goal' and 'no card, goal'?

If you think it wasn't worth a yellow card at least, then you need your head checking.

Yellow card (opinion), no goal (fact).

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Forrestieri should have been given a Red card Under law 12 of the game.
A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent, is guilty of serious foul play.

ALternatively, under the same Law - Violent Conduct
A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball. Violent conduct may occur either on the field of play or outside its boundaries, whether the ball is in play or not. He is also guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against a team-mate, spectator, match official or any other person.

As Kusczak had cleared the ball at the time of the challenge, Forrestieri could be considered as "not challenging for the ball" and so should have received a red card for either Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct.

In this situation, the game and it's eventual outcome would have almost certainly have changed, and the issue regarding whether the ball had crossed the line would not have occured.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not Red.
Not a Goal.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Looked like a red from where I was sitting and clearly a goal.
Havn`t seen replays of the challenge though so I`ll bow to those who have seen it and decided it was only worth a yellow.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How has "no goal" got so many votes?

What rule change have I missed .... does it have the hit the netting or something?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The goal was, IMHO (SW corner in line with the goal line), over the line. Given my location the poison-dwarf's lunge at TK was far less clear cut, but looked both dangerous and deliberate from our vantage point.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How has "no goal" got so many votes?

What rule change have I missed .... does it have the hit the netting or something?

You don't seem to understand the "whole of the ball over the whole of the line from birds eye view" rule. And you're usually one of the best posters on here, so I'm surprised.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Forrestieri should have been given a Red card Under law 12 of the game.
A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent, is guilty of serious foul play.

ALternatively, under the same Law - Violent Conduct
A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball. Violent conduct may occur either on the field of play or outside its boundaries, whether the ball is in play or not. He is also guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against a team-mate, spectator, match official or any other person.

As Kusczak had cleared the ball at the time of the challenge, Forrestieri could be considered as "not challenging for the ball" and so should have received a red card for either Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct.

In this situation, the game and it's eventual outcome would have almost certainly have changed, and the issue regarding whether the ball had crossed the line would not have occured.

Rubbish, neither of those descriptions fit what he did. It was a yellow card. Never a red.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here