Arsene Garcia?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
From BBC (and no doubt other sources):

On the Forestieri incident: "From my position it was impossible to see. I didn't ask Gordon [Greer] about it."

You have to wonder if he'd have seen it if it were us who were claiming the goal.

There's been lots of comments on here about Oscar's style, with many claiming that they don't like his level-headed and somewhat boring comments to the press. For me, I like the way he deals with the press; Gus' histrionics were often tedious, but I concede it was entertaining. I just hope he's somewhat more animated in the dressing room, though the way we often start the second half calls this into doubt. At least the football philosophy he wants to play seems to be starting to bed in a bit; we are definitely looking to get the ball forward more quickly...

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I was reading Fergie's autobiography last week and in his chapter on Wenger, he talks about Wenger's use of the phrase 'I didn't see it' when discussing contentious incidents. Ferguson said that his preferred phrase when asked about an incident was to say 'I need to look at that again' because it bought him time and so by the point that he would have reviewed the incident, the media storm would have then passed and moved on to something else.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I was reading Fergie's autobiography last week and in his chapter on Wenger, he talks about Wenger's use of the phrase 'I didn't see it' when discussing contentious incidents. Ferguson said that his preferred phrase when asked about an incident was to say 'I need to look at that again' because it bought him time and so by the point that he would have reviewed the incident, the media storm would have then passed and moved on to something else.

Although he refused to talk to the media most of the time.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
From BBC (and no doubt other sources):

On the Forestieri incident: "From my position it was impossible to see. I didn't ask Gordon [Greer] about it."

You have to wonder if he'd have seen it if it were us who were claiming the goal.

To be fair, he'd have to have STUNNING eyesight to have seen tha from his position, regardless of whether it was us or them claiming the goal.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Don't get your issue. OG is on the halfway line, how the feck is that the best position to see if the ball had fully crossed the line. Even the camera in line with the dead-ball [goal] line could only just prove that the ball did NOT fully cross the line, but only an inch or two in it. OG's view was always going to be "impossible to see".

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Don't get your issue. OG is on the halfway line, how the feck is that the best position to see if the ball had fully crossed the line. Even the camera in line with the dead-ball [goal] line could only just prove that the ball did NOT fully cross the line, but only an inch or two in it. OG's view was always going to be "impossible to see".

There's no issue! I was just amused, that's all. After all, there are plenty of people posting on Bozza's thread who claim to know for sure whether it was a goal or not, and they're in the North stand....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
But none of them are likely to be interviewed by the press on the issue!

Whoa! This thread is going in a direction I wasn't expecting. To be clear, I'm NOT having a pop at Oscar. The quote reminded me of Arsene's infamous "I didn't see it" line when there's a contentious decision that he wants to duck talking about; s'all.

:albion2:

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
I must admit, I loved his goal celebration, one fist pump and then dead pan... Level headed class!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
And with these stats seems we're trying to play the Wenger Way as well and when we get our cutting edge back of ULLOA,BRIDCUTT,ORLANDI,LUA LUA & AGUSTEIN I'm sure that possession will turn to wins & goals, stats don't win games but a fully fit side will - IN OSCAR WE TRUST- THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR will be KING

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whoa! This thread is going in a direction I wasn't expecting. To be clear, I'm NOT having a pop at Oscar. The quote reminded me of Arsene's infamous "I didn't see it" line when there's a contentious decision that he wants to duck talking about; s'all.

:albion2:

I was in the East Stand and I didn't see it until earlier on this morning, when I watched the Sky highlights. :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 48074
And with these stats seems we're trying to play the Wenger Way as well and when we get our cutting edge back of ULLOA,BRIDCUTT,ORLANDI,LUA LUA & AGUSTEIN I'm sure that possession will turn to wins & goals, stats don't win games but a fully fit side will - IN OSCAR WE TRUST- THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR will be KING

Is that for real? :ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I find it hard to believe we have an 81.5% pass completion rate. Imagine how that's going to look when we actually start playing really well?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Is that for real? :ohmy:
Yes watched the rerun of last nights game this morning and those were the stats given by sky

I find it hard to believe we have an 81.5% pass completion rate. Imagine how that's going to look when we actually start playing really well?
That's what I was saying when we get all the players back, with those stats we might just surprise a few people in the 2nd half of the season

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I must admit, I loved his goal celebration, one fist pump and then dead pan... Level headed class!

I noticed that as well, and loved it. One double handed fist pump and then hands back in pockets and the same old hangdog expression.

I think "enigmatic" is the word

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here