Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Summary....Last nights game!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
After two years of being a season ticket holder in WSU only my second game this season last night . Tried the South west corner and enjoyed the experience. First game this season was v Forest in the North east corner. Both areas had a healthy atmosphere, you can hear the North more than in the WSU. You seem to be more connected to the game at a lower level and feel you are at a game. In the WSU you have a brilliant view but its a bit like watching the game on tele.
I don't know if I am in the minority but I felt we played quite well in both games I have seen this season. Faster and more exciting than under Gus, I just feel with our injured players back we could be turning these results into wins albeit in high scoring games. Make no mistake Forest and Watford are very good sides and we are not a million miles from beating sides like them.
Buckley was my MOM last night and he is nearly back to his best....I am not saying this because I am a big fan of his because when he is bad he is woeful....I was at Charlton last year when he was useless, but and in-form Buckers is a very good player.
Bruno was woeful last night in the first half but better in the second.....him over Calderon though because I think he is better in the air.
Barnes is a funny one, the sort of player you know can play well but seems to want to do the flash stuff and fails instead of doing the simple things. Has ability and would be brilliant.............in another team.
Really enjoying going into different parts of the ground......the west lower concourse is HUGE compared to the Upper.
Overall optimistic for the future, keep in touch of the play offs to keep the excellent support going, then next season we will improve and I feel things will really take-off. I really like the lets settle for what he have got and enjoy it attitude that the majority of our supporter have adopted this season under Oscar because of our injury "crisis":bhasign:

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
A result considering who was available ......tenacious

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not sure about Bruno good in the air. Was 3 or 4 corners he met first at the near post that he put out for another corner. Anyone good in the air would either clear it out of their box or put it out for a throw. Looked almost like he couldn't control where is would go, wet ball and bald head too slippery maybe?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Not sure about Bruno good in the air. Was 3 or 4 corners he met first at the near post that he put out for another corner. Anyone good in the air would either clear it out of their box or put it out for a throw. Looked almost like he couldn't control where is would go, wet ball and bald head too slippery maybe?

Yes I get your point but he won the ball and put it out of danger......would Calderon? Not sure he has that ability!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
We were lucky considering the Watford 'goal' that never was and if that was allowed it would have been Forest all over again, we showed a lot more spirit last night and we could have even nicked it. On to Doncaster now and a win is needed otherwise it's back to square one

Whereas of course Watford's (actual) goal wasn't lucky at all, was it?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I really enjoyed the game, it was two teams trying their best to win. I hate it when teams come to the Amex and slow the game down and timewasting to try and get a point or a win after going in front.

I thought we rode our luck, but we could also have won. With all the injuries we have, it would have been easy for Oscar to be very defensive, try and get something out of the game, but instead he was brave and put out an attacking team, and instead of trying to sure things up with 20mins or so to go he bought on another attacker to try and win it. If this is the way we play under Oscar then I am very happy. Obviously I like to see Brighton win, but I also do the long journey from Reading and back to be entertained. That was a very entertaining game to watch and I credit Watford for that too.

With all the injuries we have taken in to account, I walked away feeling proud of my team. Can't ask for more then that.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I really enjoyed the game, it was two teams trying their best to win. I hate it when teams come to the Amex and slow the game down and timewasting to try and get a point or a win after going in front.

I thought we rode our luck, but we could also have won. With all the injuries we have, it would have been easy for Oscar to be very defensive, try and get something out of the game, but instead he was brave and put out an attacking team, and instead of trying to sure things up with 20mins or so to go he bought on another attacker to try and win it. If this is the way we play under Oscar then I am very happy. Obviously I like to see Brighton win, but I also do the long journey from Reading and back to be entertained. That was a very entertaining game to watch and I credit Watford for that too.

With all the injuries we have taken in to account, I walked away feeling proud of my team. Can't ask for more then that.

Nicely put, I agree.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't enjoy the first half. Felt passing and decision making was poor from everyone.
Frustrated that for the 14th time this season we started the second half poorly.
After the poor first 5 of the second half we seemed to click and mostly dominated for 20 minutes, then we seemed to play for a draw when we took off conway brought on lita, and started to defend with 10 men deep in our own half, with the intention, I'm sure, being to lump it upfield for lita to chase, but then rarely ever managed to hoof it in lita's direction or in any sort of pass he could do something with.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
A point I wasn't expecting. First half was not very good. Second half rather better. The tempo once Lita came on was much better, and the shape looked better to me too. Before that Barnes was on a hiding to nothing up there on his own, though he did pretty well at it. Bruno was poor.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here