Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Good restaurants for lunch

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Hiya all,

Wifes birthday on Thursday so looking to take her somewhere for lunch on the day ( within Brighton ) - we are travelling up to her dads in evening

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to go?

Looking for a £25-£30 per person maximum and needs to be okay to have a 5 month old with us

Food wise she likes everything really apart from curry

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some may disagree, but Cote is usually good for a nice lunch in my opinion, and will cater for children.

Set lunch at the Gingerman might be OK, usually 3 courses for around £20 I think (or can have 2 for slightly less)

Or failing that Tapas at Casa Don Carlos (avoided it for years after a bad meal, but had 2 decent meals there this year) could be nice, if you don't normally get to have Tapas.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about a nice steak at the Aberdeen Steakhouse in Preston Street?

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Some may disagree, but Cote is usually good for a nice lunch in my opinion, and will cater for children.

Set lunch at the Gingerman might be OK, usually 3 courses for around £20 I think (or can have 2 for slightly less)

Or failing that Tapas at Casa Don Carlos (avoided it for years after a bad meal, but had 2 decent meals there this year) could be nice, if you don't normally get to have Tapas.

Just had a look at the menu and that seems ideal really as its the type of food she loves so will try there, thanks a lot :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Will absolutely NOT disagree. Cote is fast becoming one of our favourite restaurants.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just had a look at the menu and that seems ideal really as its the type of food she loves so will try there, thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Tell your waiter it's your wife's birthday by the way. The last 2 birthday meals we've had there (daughter, and Mrs P) have both resulted in a complimentary Kir Royale :thumbsup:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Coal Shed. Will not be a problem lunchtime with a little 'un. Either go set menu and grab top quality grub at very reasonable prices, or take you pick and spend a little more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here