Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes to Burnley again

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have we not learnt from the Murray saga?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How does that make sense? Loan to buy? Why would they do that when they know his contract expires at the end of the season? They'd either buy him outright, or just loan him. Then sign him in the summer having had those few months to convince him burnley is the place for him.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Loan now to buy in January at some knock down fee as he will be free in the Summer I would guess

That might explain it, but why would we loan out one of our only two strikers, with the other on loan to us, after it took so long to get a second striker in?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Surely we're not going to loan him out until at least one of CMS and Ulloa are back, so they may as well just wait until the January window and stump up the £500k.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Wouldn't surprise me in the least, frankly. I've no doubt that the stick he constantly receives from some of our so-called support will see him ply his trade elsewhere in the (very) near future. He'll be in good company up at Turf Moor: what with that other useless lump Sam Volkes... :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Have we not learnt from the Murray saga?

This. I hope they don't offer silly money like they did in the summer. If he went on loan in the January window, then we get something for him, don't we? He's had a contract extension on offer from us for a few months so he obviously doesn't want to sign it. Burnley must be offering much better wages than us.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
That might explain it, but why would we loan out one of our only two strikers, with the other on loan to us, after it took so long to get a second striker in?

Maybe finances? This way we get something for him.

Also I'm pretty sure this season is one where Oscar prepares for the next and if Barnes wants to leave.

Jimmy Grimble

*waits for someone to say "this is obviously why he played well last night"*

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe finances? This way we get something for him.

Also I'm pretty sure this season is one where Oscar prepares for the next and if Barnes wants to leave.

But that would be immediately eaten up by the money we would have to spend to bring in a second striker so we had back up for Lita.

Selling him in January, fine I get that and the finances issue. But cms and ulloa aren't due back until late November early December, and then they'd need a few matches to get up to speed. Loaning barnes out now makes no sense, a two week loan in December until January is a waste, especially for burnley who have limited funds and seem to be doing ok for now without him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Would we get compensation if he moves on (and turns down our offer)? How old is he?

He's 24 tomorrow. We wouldn't get any compensation as the rules go by the players age on June 30th (The day before the transfer window opens and the day *most* football contracts end). Rule 67.1 covers it.

67 Players Over 24

67.1 A Player aged 24 years or over as at 30 June is entitled (subject to Regulation 41) to sign for any Club of his choice without restriction on the expiry of his contract on or after that date without payment of any Compensation Fee.

67.2 A Player who is under 24 years as at 30 June will have to wait until the following 30 June before he is entitled to the benefit of Regulation 67.1.

67.3 An Over 24 Player who has refused an offer of re-engagement which, in the opinion of the Board is not less favourable than the Player's current contractual terms, shall not be entitled to any severance or other payment in respect of the expiry of his contract or for any period after the expiry of his contract.

67.4 This Regulation 67 applies notwithstanding any other provisions in these Regulations and if there is any conflict, Regulation 67 shall prevail.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
But that would be immediately eaten up by the money we would have to spend to bring in a second striker so we had back up for Lita.

Selling him in January, fine I get that and the finances issue. But cms and ulloa aren't due back until late November early December, and then they'd need a few matches to get up to speed. Loaning barnes out now makes no sense, a two week loan in December until January is a waste, especially for burnley who have limited funds and seem to be doing ok for now without him.

I'm pretty sure he was off until our injury woes. So maybe an agreement was made to postpone and that time has now passed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here