Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Complaint 28 bus to Lewes tonight from Amex

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Absolute nightmare on the 10.30pm bus from the Amex to Lewes last night.

The driver refused to take the bus to Lewes and an ugly scene ensued.

I had my two children 9 and 10 with me and they were extremely distressed to the point I rang the Police for assistance.

The driver refused to give me his name and we sat on the bus for 30mins in the rain.

Eventually we got off the bus and got the following 29 bus arriving home at 11.30pm.

It spoiled a night that should have been memorable for other reasons. Will be contacting Brighton Buses and the club...awful!

As an aside Wathord are a class side and would have taken a draw every day of the week!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Was obviously a reason why he wouldn't move the bus.

Probably something to do with there being more passengers than the safety limit. If so you will be wasting valuable police time.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
He was a **** on a power trip...said he couldn't take everyone onto the bus. When questioned he downed tools!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He was a **** on a power trip...said he couldn't take everyone onto the bus. When questioned he downed tools!

Was the bus over capacity? Sounds like he acted within the law and the scope of the insurance cover to be honest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was also on that bus and technically the driver was correct in that too many people got on and it was overloaded but it was his attitude and the manner in which he acted that upset everybody IMHO.

I cannot understand why B & H BUSES cant have a double decker waiting at the bus stop when the match finishes and when full it leaves and then goes as far as Lewes Bus station and the turn around and go straight back to the Amex and onto one of the P & R routes this would relieve the initial rush and the normal service would then cope.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
I was also on that bus and technically the driver was correct in that too many people got on and it was overloaded but it was his attitude and the manner in which he acted that upset everybody IMHO.

I cannot understand why B & H BUSES cant have a double decker waiting at the bus stop when the match finishes and when full it leaves and then goes as far as Lewes Bus station and the turn around and go straight back to the Amex and onto one of the P & R routes this would relieve the initial rush and the normal service would then cope.

Spot on my friend!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
So it's not the message but the delivery of the message that's the problem?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I work within the industry so appreciate what the driver was probably being subjected too.
His priority to his passengers is their safety and comfort. If the bus is overloaded then he was perfectly within his rights to refuse to continue the journey. The police and the company will defend his decision not to move and rightly so.
If you had around 100 football supporters bearing down on you, how would you react? Whether or not the club or transport company provide the correct level of transport has nothing to do with an individual driver in this situation. Calling the police probably did him a favour.
Think about it!

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
I work within the industry so appreciate what the driver was probably being subjected too.
His priority to his passengers is their safety and comfort. If the bus is overloaded then he was perfectly within his rights to refuse to continue the journey. The police and the company will defend his decision not to move and rightly so.
If you had around 100 football supporters bearing down on you, how would you react? Whether or not the club or transport company provide the correct level of transport has nothing to do with an individual driver in this situation. Calling the police probably did him a favour.
Think about it!

To be clear I wanted to prevent a bad situation getting worse, note my kids at this point were in meltdown mode. Anyway, not sure this is the best place to air views in a partisan manner. Give me strength!:wrong:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Why did people not offer to get of the bus? You say you had to call the police! Looks like none of you wanted to take the decision to help the bus to go, by off loading the access passengers, was it easier to put all the blame on the driver?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
To be clear I wanted to prevent a bad situation getting worse, note my kids at this point were in meltdown mode. Anyway, not sure this is the best place to air views in a partisan manner. Give me strength!:wrong:

I fully understand that you were protecting your kids in a heated situation, but you made out like it was a situation of the drivers making when in fact it was down to some unreasonable behaviour from some of our fans. I'm just letting you in on the drivers perspective and how he acted within the law.
He was probably feeling very nervous and appreciated somebody calling the police as would I have.
He may not have helped the situation but he certainly was correct to sit tight.

Ps the driver is also within his rights not to give out personal information. eg, by not giving you his name.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here