Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how were all things tellybox, last night?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Obviously the stadium looked lush.

I certainly enjoyed the game, what with the opposition not playing for a draw, did that come across?
We sounded great with lots of rude words, which is always nice!!.

If I were at work today, what would my palace supporting colleague be droning on about.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sad to say I heard the Watford fans virtually all game.

I really really enjoyed that edge of the seat experience. It appears to me that the Gus hangover has been recovered from, those players, every single one, were playing for themselves and Oscar. I wouldn't criticise a single player and occasionally there were some sublime passes and through balls. Nowhere near perfect but I found the performance uplifting.

Virgo was completely unbiased, unlike Jason Roberts in the Reading game. Came across very well and even predicted that Watford may have too much for us pre kick off. Not many would have disagreed with that. Maybe he has a career in punditry ahead of him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lack of noise at times from home supporters I would imagine. Plus the obvious goal that wasn't. And empty seats (but not surprised given the travel conditions!)
Was the East looking empty?
The rest of the ground seemed to have a healthy turn out.
It's always nice to not have a fookin great big gap behind the SS goal.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Away fans always going to be noisier if they come in numbers.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Virgo was completely unbiased, unlike Jason Roberts in the Reading game. Came across very well and even predicted that Watford may have too much for us pre kick off. Not many would have disagreed with that. Maybe he has a career in punditry ahead of him.

He also spent most of the game playing with his phone.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Play doesnt seem as 'pretty' as last season, but with the players that are out, not a surprise
Crowd seemed very quiet, as could hear the players calling for the ball etc...could actually make out Andrews Irish accent.
Watford fans chanting 'hoof'...we seem not to be so keen on passing around at the back, but definitely getting ball forward a lot quicker.
Funnily enough, watching Suinderland the other day, they seem to now pass around the back, and one of the cutbacks into the box was
reminiscent of Caldy's goal, not that long back.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Atmosphere good and enough singing in the North and West at the game.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Was the East looking empty?
The rest of the ground seemed to have a healthy turn out.
It's always nice to not have a fookin great big gap behind the SS goal.

More empty seats in the middle of the east than I have seen before. Quite a few in the north too. The big block of empties at the south end always looks odd on the tellybox.

Dec 29, 2011
Away fans always going to be noisier if they come in numbers.

I don't get why people still don't understand this ??? Stick 2,000 of the most vocal fans in a small space and the noise they generate will be more than the home team who have singers 'spread out' all over the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here