Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More good news - Liam Bridcutt

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After last night's battling performance where we had some luck after an unlucky deflection derailed us very early in the game, I get up this morning to see that Liam will be back in training tomorrow, according to the Argus.

Just maybe our season is about to take an upturn

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Long overdue and the protection he offered to Greer and Upson has been a big miss for us. Will be interesting to see if we work everything out from the back through him under Oscar

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Gus will be delighted, should allow him to get some games in before he buys him in January!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Glory be!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't hold you breath, we have heard it all before. He will be gone in January.

Really? Can you point me to these previous statements that he was starting training tomorrow?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mentioned it on other thread but a mate watched bridders be ' put through his paces' about half 4 yesterday. Said it def looked like a fitness test!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Gus will be delighted, should allow him to get some games in before he buys him in January!

I would not be to sure on that, Gus will not have a ton of money to throw around in January and if he has between 3-5 million to spend they will go for a proven player at that level.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Interesting to see if he plays for us again, It would put an end to all those people on here that swear he wil never play for us again. I believe he will and wont leave until next summer at the earliest.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Also i'm pretty sure Gus doesn't have much input into signings up at Sunderland, as most of their summer signings were sorted by their director of football, Roberto Di Fanti.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Interesting to see if he plays for us again, It would put an end to all those people on here that swear he wil never play for us again. I believe he will and wont leave until next summer at the earliest.

To be fair on the majority of NSC's hundreds of regular posters I think it was only about 2-3 people who've stated that he'll never play for us again; it's just that they have repeated their ITK fact every time a Bridcutt thread comes up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Bloom said that we'll not buy anyone in January so why would he let any of our players leave? No one will till at least the summer.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Bloom said that we'll not buy anyone in January.

This isn't precisely what Bloom said. "I don't like doing too much business in January and this January I don't expect to do very much at all." He didn't entirely rule it out. This was of course dependent on return/retention of Ulloa, CMS, Bridcutt, Orlandi, KLL etc. I'd say if we could resist offers in summer, much more likely to resist in Jan

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Don't hold you breath, we have heard it all before. He will be gone in January.

My God you are boring. I don't know how you get through the days.

The best thing we could do would be to cash in on Bridcutt and use the money to buy a quality attacking midfielder to play behind the striker.

Agreed, as long as someone is happy to pay £4 million + for him. Ince is the future in that position.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Glad he's getting back to fitness, but he'll be a Sunderland player in Jan, and we'll be £2.5 million better off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here