Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is the turning point

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I really feel tonight is the turning point. A really good point against a good Watford side.

Some luck going our way with the disallowed goal and Bruno escaping a 2nd yellow and then the news that Orlandi and Bridcutt are close to returning.

Things are looking rosier.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Let's be honest this is not our best team in fact it's a long way from our best team and we held a very good Watford I think this just could be a turning point

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
To be honest I didn't think things were that bad anyway. But we did have luck on our side for once tonight.
As for the turning point....I don't think so... When the crocks return from injury will be our time to put things right!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Considering what Watford did to us last season it's a good result. However, it was also a very fortuitous result, and I don't think anyone could argue we were the better side. Let's keep things in perspective

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Considering what Watford did to us last season it's a good result. However, it was also a very fortuitous result, and I don't think anyone could argue we were the better side. Let's keep things in perspective

I would. We were lucky but so were they. 10 should have been off for two yelow cards in first ten minutes. Almunia pulled.off two great saves. We werent at our besr but showed good signs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't have given Almunia MoM in a million years, but there you go.

For what it's worth, I was heartened by the spirit and fight the team showed, it actually looked like they believed in themselves a little more and were trying to make something happen (always thought Zola was a reasonable man but it's ludicrous for him to claim they were the only side trying to win it).

I was reasonably encouraged by that- hope they show the same determination at Doncaster on Saturday.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Almunia MOM? Really? He made one great save late on, apart from that I can remember one fairly comfortable save from a Barnes header and that's about it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Almunia MOM? Really? He made one great save late on, apart from that I can remember one fairly comfortable save from a Barnes header and that's about it.

I think he made two pretty decent saves, and a couple of routine stops. But MoM? Madness.

Almost as amusing as Sczeczesny being given MoM by Palace during the Arsenal game on Saturday, as if he was the only thing that stopped Palace from winning that game :lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Almunia getting MOM is a compliment to the way we played our game tonight.

That's our second televised game in a row the opposition keeper has got man of the match, That must say something about us surely.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think Watford are that good. Some team is going to tonk them!

I hope it us in the away game when we can put out a decent side.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I really feel tonight is the turning point. A really good point against a good Watford side.

Some luck going our way with the disallowed goal and Bruno escaping a 2nd yellow and then the news that Orlandi and Bridcutt are close to returning.

Things are looking rosier.

I thought the same thing at the time. There seemed to be so much more belief in our play against Watford and it was a decent result. Amazing what that can do for a team. Almost a shame about the international break now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lets decide at the end of December. Luck to win this afternoon. PIG was the difference between the teams this today

Why is it lucky if our goalie was the difference? Lucky because he is in our team? Surely football teams are made from 11 onfield players and if, say a Vicente was the difference one wouldn't say we were lucky but that we had a better team/players on the day. Shouldn't be any different because the goalkeeper played well.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I thought the same thing at the time. There seemed to be so much more belief in our play against Watford and it was a decent result. Amazing what that can do for a team. Almost a shame about the international break now.

Are you on drugs?

A week off is perfect now for Bridders to get fit and to get Ulloa nearer a return too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here