Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno....

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Well somebody had to...!
He was terrible! Lucky to stay on the pitch and how many corners was it that he cost us??

How he can be in front of Calde is unbelievable!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i said the same in the match thread....i almost don't like him due to the way he plays.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He is better at going forward than actually defending, would be far better playing as a wing-back.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He gave away corners because it is his job to stop the opposition pinging into the near post. And he did that job well.

All I will say is that he is exciting to watch! And Calde ain't much of a defender either, really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he may slowly be coming into form. He gave the ball away but he also played some good through balls and he defended the corners well. Most defenders will struggle with the attacking and skilful ball players Watford have. Bruno did ok tonight.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Most of our best attacking moves came from him. Played 2 beautiful balls down the right towards the end. Didn't play any worse than anyone else if you ask me.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
He gave away corners because it is his job to stop the opposition pinging into the near post. And he did that job well.

All I will say is that he is exciting to watch! And Calde ain't much of a defender either, really.

I'm sorry my freind but that is simply bollox! Calde is 10x the defender Bruno will ever be!

I guess football is a personal thing so no offence meant, but just can't see that!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Much too harsh on him in my opinion. I agree he was very lucky to stay on the pitch but but his support with Buckley was excellent

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sorry my freind but that is simply bollox! Calde is 10x the defender Bruno will ever be!

I guess football is a personal thing so no offence meant, but just can't see that!

as you say it's a personal thing but I don't rate Calde at all as a defensive FB, great going forward though. Not good enough for a team looking to be at the top of the Championship. Calde gives 100% every time he plays and I really like him but although Bruno is not the player he was when he arrived, when on form he is a better option than Calde. It's all about opinions though.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Bruno was dreadfully frustrating to watch today. He just about redeemed himself by playing a couple of great balls through in the last 20 minutes, however overall, he was dire. It's a shame because he IS a quality player, he's just refusing to show it!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Defensively, he scares the shit out of me. Any time he is near the ball. A walking disaster.
Going forwards he looked good second half. Time for another go in midfield?

Jam

Jan 19, 2012
He played better tonight than he did at Yeovil. He does look decent going forward but he is a bit risky with his tackling. He gives the ball away at the back as well which is a worry. He was lucky to stay on tonight.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Well somebody had to...!
He was terrible! Lucky to stay on the pitch and how many corners was it that he cost us??

How he can be in front of Calde is unbelievable!

At times in the first half he was simply brilliant.
Ok his first touch was suspect early on, but so was everybody's after the crazy watering of the surface.

Bruno is quality, we are damn lucky to have him.

Once he gets properly match fit and strikes up a decent relationship with WB, we will be devastating down the right.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

That is possibly the worst assessment I have ever read.
Calderon will be a sub whenever Bruno is fit, and rightly so.

If you want another opinion, ask the Valencia coaching staff.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
The guy is a liability...as shown in the 2nd half when on a yellow card and proceeds to fly into a wreckless tackle right on the edge of the box. Any other day that could have been a second yellow and a penalty.
The guy simply cannot defend. Poor positional sense and lacks any motivation to get back to defend. Would like to see Calde reinstalled as fullback ASAP.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Most of our best attacking moves came from him. Played 2 beautiful balls down the right towards the end. Didn't play any worse than anyone else if you ask me.

Spot on.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Poyet and now Oscar both prefer him to Calde at RB, that should tell you something.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
That is possibly the worst assessment I have ever read.
Calderon will be a sub whenever Bruno is fit, and rightly so.

If you want another opinion, ask the Valencia coaching staff.

Very much this. JTR you have shown yourself up for having a very poor understanding of the game if you seriously believe that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here