Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good point that tonight, showed a good togetherness and a lot of heart.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Barnes and Buckley both excellent and Bruno bar one aberration was much better.

Good stuff.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, I'm well pleased with that. Considering most of our best players are out it's a good point. We showed guts and determination.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Awful luck this season with conceding from deflections not to mention injuries, but that was a very good point tonight.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Credit to oscar, if that's how we play against promotion favorites with half a team then I'm in!!
Go Oscar !

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Bruno was awful and lucky to stay on the pitch, he is a liability right now

We must have been watching different games Ernest. Yes he had the poor challenge on the edge of the box but regularly offered excellent support to Buckley throughout the 2nd half.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree, that was a far better outcome than it looked after 5 mins.

It was good to see us keep going and not let our heads drop. Ok we rode our luck a bit, but so did Watford. A tad more composure and guile and we should have made more of our chances. You can see the ball being hustled forward far quicker than under Gus, if we can get a bit more support around the 'box then it will come.

I was impressed with Barnes and Buckley, not perfect but both certainly put a shift in, so no complaints.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Barnes was fantastic. Easy to forget that tonight's line-up is quite a way from what we were seeing at the end of last season, be it due to injury or personnel: no Bridge, Bridcutt, Orlandi, Ulloa, the Lopez of old. Did well to get a point, all things considered. I haven't seen us a great deal this year (the 2 tv games and Millwall at home) but I think we're a bit more predictable going forward, not quite as good on the ball, not quite as good without the ball, and slightly less cohesive than we used to be. Given the upheaval we've encountered since that second play-off game, I don't think that's too bad going. I'm not that comfortable with all the loan signings and penny-pinching, but overall we're not in a bad place at the moment. We'll be ok.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bruno was awful and lucky to stay on the pitch, he is a liability right now

He certainly had a mixed bag of a game tonight, made mistakes, should have gone off, I prefer Inigo.
But when a player pisses people off they tend to not see the wood for the trees because he also made some good tackles laid off some deft passes and played 2 blinding long passes up the wing to set up those 2 cracking moves towards the end, he certainly has you on the edge of your seat.
I was in the main stand at Yeovil last week and he had a similar game, but right in front of me in the 2nd half he made some unbelievably skillful moves that maybe most on the terrace would not have seen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nobody could have complained if the ref had given a penalty there or/and given a second yellow and that is what we don't need right now[/

I would have been fecking furious if a penalty had been given, because it wasn't one. You must have been too busy thinking of your next wind up to have been paying attention. I wouldn't have had much argument about a second yellow though.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Agreed

Edit. Not sure Barnes was excellent, but he was not bad!

According to the ex pro pundits, he was excellent playing a lone role against 3 centre backs. Took a lot of punishment and held the ball up well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A decent performance tonight , Oscar picked the best 18 at his disposal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Barnes and Buckley both excellent and Bruno bar one aberration was much better.

Good stuff.

Great point but game of two halves for me. Bruno was a liability in the first half as were Andrews and JFC. We should have been two down before the fight back too, for me the "goal" was a goal. Second half we picked it up collectively. Barnes and Buckley were indeed my men of the match though. Can't separate them.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Nobody could have complained if the ref had given a penalty there or/and given a second yellow and that is what we don't need right now

Agreed - at that point I thought Oscar would have to sub Bruno because it was only time before a 2nd yellow.

Clearly Oscar has faith in Bruno and although he is in very erratic form he still needs games and Oscar seems willing to give him that chance. I feel he is slowly improving, certainly in the way he is starting to link up with Buckley. Bruno had a lengthy lay off last season and looked way off the pace when Gus brought him back and then got injured again. He really hasn't played that much footie in the last year or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here