Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the bin men out on strike again in the city?

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
my bins haven't been emptied for 2 weeks now. Or is it because they are now not collecting if the bin is left within the perimeter of the front garden and not dragged the two feet to the pavement the night before?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There's a game on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Put bin bags on pavement, any day, it does not matter then wait for the Seagulls, wind and traffic to disperse it. Problem solved. Well, it works like that on The Upper Lewes Road.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Put bin bags on pavement, any day, it does not matter then wait for the Seagulls, wind and traffic to disperse it. Problem solved. Well, it works like that on The Upper Lewes Road.

I live in Hove. We are far too civilized to do that here!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Collection was cancelled yesterday.

I've little time for the workers after their unofficial strike. They're pretty poor all round leaving rubbish about. They get paid a damn sight more than a lot of key workers.

They are expendable.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Our recycling was emptied but not our rubbish, very odd!

Could something to do with the storm? Who knows, but it's beginning to stink...

Last Friday our rubbish was collected not recycling. Missis looked on line which said would be cleared by Saturday night!!!!! Of course it wasn't. Got up yesterday morning and had to walk up the road to collect blown away lids, which had been anchored by bricks. Not cleared all day yesterday and no sign of them this morning.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If I left my recycling boxes on the steps they used to take it (you can reach them without any effort or any need to come onto my property) but recently stopped taking them, so I put them out on the pavement and they take them. The bin was always inconsistent, sometimes if I forgot to put it out they get it (it generally stays near the steps, too, so I don't have far to move it when putting it out) sometimes they don't. I think it depends on which member of the collection team gets to my bins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here