Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Balti Pies

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
I didn't make the last match so apologies if fixtures but according to the south end kiosk in WSU 'we don't do chicken balti pies anymore"... No chips up here, no fancy pulled pork baps and now the pie choice is cut! When do we get something special!?!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The North stand get all the options because it's easier to get it there than upstairs I reckon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No Balti's in the East, I was really looking forward to it.

Now the clocks have gone back, and it's an evening game, it's Balti season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Asked for the Special Pie in the centre kiosk in the North before the game. Girl advised me it was pumpkin pie. What, a VEGGIE special pie?! says I, crestfallen. OK, I'll have a steak and ale pie then please. 'I'm sorry sir, we don't do meat pies in the kiosks'. Hm. Took my custom elsewhere, to the kiosk at the far end of the North, and of course they had steak and ale pies by the barrowload. They also had Balti pies. Obviously.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
CB followed by S&A double for me last night. Both delicious. If anything slightly overbaked which is the lesser of two evils compared to soggy coldness.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Chicken and Ham last night- was told no Balti pies in WSU. Veggie and veggie pumpkin though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No Balti's in the East, I was really looking forward to it.

Now the clocks have gone back, and it's an evening game, it's Balti season.

Me too, I was most annoyed when then woman told me they didn't have any Balti pies, this turned to anger when she then informed me that they were PERMANENTLY removed from the menu :ohmy:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The Balti is no more. Saw it on a stewards clipboards a few month's ago that they were getting rid of them as they weren't selling, which is a shame as it was my favourite. It also showed that only 5% of food is sold after the match so they don't cook any fresh stuff.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
CB followed by S&A double for me last night. Both delicious. If anything slightly overbaked which is the lesser of two evils compared to soggy coldness.

The Balti is no more. Saw it on a stewards clipboards a few month's ago that they were getting rid of them as they weren't selling, which is a shame as it was my favourite. It also showed that only 5% of food is sold after the match so they don't cook any fresh stuff.

OK

Which one is true?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Asked for the Special Pie in the centre kiosk in the North before the game. Girl advised me it was pumpkin pie. What, a VEGGIE special pie?! says I, crestfallen. OK, I'll have a steak and ale pie then please. 'I'm sorry sir, we don't do meat pies in the kiosks'. Hm. Took my custom elsewhere, to the kiosk at the far end of the North, and of course they had steak and ale pies by the barrowload. They also had Balti pies. Obviously.

The Special Pie was excellent. Does a pie HAVE to have meat in it? Also the regular veggie pie is superb, very full flavoured.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Me too, I was most annoyed when then woman told me they didn't have any Balti pies, this turned to anger when she then informed me that they were PERMANENTLY removed from the menu :ohmy:

REALLY !? Can we start a petition to get them reinstated immediately!? What an awful decision made by someone. I blame Paul Barber personally.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
On The matter of pies, did anyone else see the picture of the pie above the counters, might have been there a while now, but it looks like a cross section of a cow turd. They have actually managed to make it look worse than it is!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You f*****g what.

IT'S BALTI SEASON.

Do away with them from March to October, but not now.

ITS BALTI O'CLOCK

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I am in WSU, I was told that they had simply run out of Balti Pies. Turned up later than usual, and had to have my 3rd choice (Steak and Ale), as Balti and Chicken and Ham were both out.

Still a cracking pie though so I wasn't complaining.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I am in WSU, I was told that they had simply run out of Balti Pies. Turned up later than usual, and had to have my 3rd choice (Steak and Ale), as Balti and Chicken and Ham were both out.

Still a cracking pie though so I wasn't complaining.

I hope you're right in saying they had run out but it was about 6.20 when I bought mine and I very much doubt they would have sold out by then.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I hope you're right in saying they had run out but it was about 6.20 when I bought mine and I very much doubt they would have sold out by then.

That's what the staff have been told to say, definitely no more Balti pies as of a good few games ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They should take down the things that says "Chicken Balti Pie" on the covered hot plate then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here