Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's actual bums on seats

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So we all know by now the attendance is tickets sold and not bums on seats. So tonight it's bound to be announced as over 24k. I would say with it being on the telly and the train disruption we will be looking at nearer 20k or below actually there. Should we start laughing when the attendance comes up? Perhaps some kind of Mexican laugh going gradually round the ground till Sky pick up on it.

Before you ask yes I am going because a) I have Scoffers' ticket and b) I presume it will entitle me to some sort of super fan badge of honour that I can then parade on NSC in subsequent debates.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
So we all know by now the attendance is tickets sold and not bums on seats. So tonight it's bound to be announced as over 24k. I would say with it being on the telly and the train disruption we will be looking at nearer 20k or below actually there. Should we start laughing when the attendance comes up? Perhaps some kind of Mexican laugh going gradually round the ground till Sky pick up on it.

Before you ask yes I am going because a) I have Scoffers' ticket and b) I presume it will entitle me to some sort of super fan badge of honour that I can then parade on NSC in subsequent debates.

Strange post

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
22,836 or 28,627....I really couldn't give a monkey's so long as we win and play with our recently missing swagger. Been a little flat recently.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It will be the largest number of tickets sold in the Championship this weekend, which considering its a Monday night live on Sky is not too shabby. Probably 25000 in ground.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do we have to do this every single game, or could we not just have one generic "real attendance v announced attendance" thread that we can just bounce after every home match?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Strange post

About 1,300, but presumably their fans will encounter the same travel issues as ours will.

My point is that I suspect this will be one of the games where the difference between what is announced and who turns up will be the greatest. As it's on telly it might be a tad obvious. I would of course be DELIGHTED if I was wrong but I've seen a lot of 'can't be bothered now' type stuff about tonight.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm now not travelling 150 round trip miles by train if that helps. Watching on TV even though STH I just can't be bothered especially given the storm hassle and face it, it might be a very boring game for an Albion fan.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I must say I'm somewhat bemused by the club's (or is it more likely that nice Mr Barber's) definition of "attendance". I thought it was always quite straightforward........and it is:-

at·tend·ance
[uh-ten-duhns] Show IPA
noun
the act of attending.
the persons or number of persons present:

So the key to being an attendee is to be present. If you don't go, then whether or not you have bought a ticket is totally academic; you aren't present and therefore you cannot be "in attendance".

We can only presume then that the club has changed the English language and that "Official Attendance" should now be defined as those who physically turn up PLUS whatever random number the club decides to use to pad the figures out. All a bit pathetic really. Somebody needs to get a grip or the club should admit that the "official Attendance" figures are a figment of somebody's imagination. If the numbers they give out at the match (and which are then routinely reported in the media) are "Tickets sold" then that's what the club should say they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here