Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton/Hampshire-based Albion

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Now we know there's no direct trains running from Southampton and indirect ones look iffy, anyone fancy Winchester for the game and a few libations

Failing that, anyone fancy giving me a lift...!?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
National rail website is telling me to change at Havant. Extra 30 minutes added to the journey but should be ok I think?

Edit:
16.12 to Havant and then the 17.00 to Brighton seems a good shout. I'll probably chance that one.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
National rail website is telling me to change at Havant. Extra 30 minutes added to the journey but should be ok I think?

Edit:
16.12 to Havant and then the 17.00 to Brighton seems a good shout. I'll probably chance that one.

Ignore that website, showing incorrect information. Southern are running an emergency timetable.

SWT are running between Southampton and Portsmouth and Southern are running between Portsmouth and Brighton - change at Fratton.

Getting home would be tough though.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Essentially, if you're east of Cosham, you'll be ok both pre and post match. West of there and it's probably not worth trying. Coming home via Clapham is an option, but I'm not sure how late Southern and SWT are running.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003

Edit:

NO Southern service from Southampton, either to Brighton or Victoria. You'll either have to change at Fratton, also relying on FGW (good luck...) or SWT(slow) or via Clapham.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Ignore that website, showing incorrect information. Southern are running an emergency timetable.

SWT are running between Southampton and Portsmouth and Southern are running between Portsmouth and Brighton - change at Fratton.

Getting home would be tough though.

Shit.

Any idea how often the trains to/from Fratton are? Getting back is ok as I'm staying the night in Brighton.

They aren't expecting a reduced service tomorrow as well though, are they?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
In that case, as long as you have a bit of time, you'll be ok. Getting back will be the ballache and you're not doing that.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
The times do look horrendous though. From what I gather:

SW train to Fratton leaves at 44 past and gets to Fratton at 40 past. Then got to wait almost an hour for the 37 past train to Brighton, which takes 1h11m. So looking at about 3 hours just to brighton...

I might just watch this one in the pub to be honest.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Never been to the Alex. Was probably going to go to the London Rd Varsity or the Stile in portswood but if the Alex is decent and has sky sports it might be worth a shout. What are you doing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here