Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley rallying call ahead of Watford match [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Buckley rallying call ahead of Watford match[/h]5:00am Monday 28th October 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2699961.jpg
Will Buckley
WILL Buckley has urged Albion to get over their play-off heartache.
The winger faces his former club Watford tonight, who also suffered Championship play-off agony last season.
They lost to Crystal Palace in the Wembley final after the Seagulls had been beaten by their arch-rivals in the semi-finals.
This evening's Sky televised clash at The Amex (7.45pm) is a reminder to both clubs of the bitter disappointment of missing out on the Premier League.
Buckley, above, said: “I think everyone kind of expected us to win (against Palace). I never really thought about us playing against Watford, it was just for us basically to get there and try to get to the Premier League.
“It just didn't happen for what ever reason on the night at The Amex, so we have got to get over that now and look to this season.
“Maybe in the summer everyone was still thinking about it but now I think it's a new season and a new challenge with a new manager.
“You've got to forget about that. It's not in the back of my mind anymore. We've just got to get out there and hopefully put it right this season.”
Watford are just outside the play-offs again but Albion are in the bottom half of the table as they try to get to grips with a crippling injury crisis which has robbed them of seven key players.
Buckley said: “It's frustrating for a lot of people. For the players who are out, for the manager who doesn't feel he can pick the team that he probably wants to and the other players who want the best players back.
“It's difficult for everyone but we have got to get over that and focus on the eleven starting and the subs on the bench to come on and make a difference.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here