Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Middlesbrough Making the Same Mistakes?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I suspect what is happening is that mid ranking clubs are looking at FFP and deciding they need to think long term and start bringing through academy players which the Spanish do quite well.

I would have thought bringing in Academy Directors and Directors of Football would be more relevant but what do I know?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They should be looking for an Englishman. There are plenty of options around, just because Aitor Karanka has a nice name, doesn't mean he is, or will be, a good manager. It will be a shame if they go down the route of hiring a random foreign manager.

I'm sure they'll make the best call for themselves though, and whoever gets the job will have a big job on. Dwindlings crowds, no budget, a lot of expectations... Not an easy job for anyone, but I would want a man with Championship experience.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
They should be looking for an Englishman. There are plenty of options around, just because Aitor Karanka has a nice name, doesn't mean he is, or will be, a good manager. It will be a shame if they go down the route of hiring a random foreign manager.

I'm sure they'll make the best call for themselves though, and whoever gets the job will have a big job on. Dwindlings crowds, no budget, a lot of expectations... Not an easy job for anyone, but I would want a man with Championship experience.

His name certainly makes for good rhyming slang!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

No Scots?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends how knee jerk you are without taking the circumstances into consideration and giving the guy time. It's kind of dumb to suggest Oscar was a mistake because he is foreign and has no knowledge of Championship football imo. Time will tell though and I'm pretty certain he will get time too. Ernest can fish as much as he likes but the fishing is really of a low standard here.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Depends how knee jerk you are without taking the circumstances into consideration and giving the guy time. It's kind of dumb to suggest Oscar was a mistake because he is foreign and has no knowledge of Championship football imo. Time will tell though and I'm pretty certain he will get time too. Ernest can fish as much as he likes but the fishing is really of a low standard here.

Don't rise to it. He's as attention seeking as HB&B but not even as bright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here