Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 year old boy lost at sea in newhaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Despite of all the weather warnings and it being all over the news in the past 48 hrs he was playng in the sea.......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When we were younger our parents told us that when the sea is rough don't venture onto the beach because of rogue waves and the risk of pebbles flying through the air when waves crash down onto the beach.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Despite of all the weather warnings and it being all over the news in the past 48 hrs he was playng in the sea.......

I never, ever, understand why when we hear about youngsters involved in tragedies such as this people race to their keyboards to effectively say 'Should have known better'. :ffsparr:

collins91

Jan 21, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
unfortunately just heard from someone down there that the boy has died. i hope this is not true but given the seriousness of the sea down there and the pics my dad took it didn't look good

this is what i have been told. I am currently watching sky news and it says they have not found him.

horrible stuff

Last edited:

I never, ever, understand why when we hear about youngsters involved in tragedies such as this people race to their keyboards to effectively say 'Should have known better'. :ffsparr:

And why others rush to condemn those who are voicing an opinion..

Et tu brutus?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Thinking the same, its really not the time to find fault, tragically it seems that he has paid the ultimate price.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I was at Mullion Cove in Cornwall once when the waves started coming over the breakwater where a couple thought it was funny that they were getting wet on the pier walking round there with a pushchair. Sadly we're all so wrapped up in cotton wool now our self preservation instincts are disappearing. RIP, tragic.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Blimey, what a very sad situation. Goodness only knows what his loved-ones & friends are going through right now. Tragic.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Very sad. Hope this teaches a few other would-be swimmers not to mess with the sea during a storm.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Ultimately, you have got to say this is a fair point. Yes, he's young etc etc etc, but it doesn't change the reality that he put his life at risk, and now the lieves of those trying to find him.

Doesn't detract from the sadness of the situation though, and yes we've all taken risks we shouldn't have at a younger age for not fearing the consequences. And also for his family, this will be a terrible time. Let's hope he is found alive and well.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

I think back to the things I did that I will never share with my kids, many could easily have gone wrong. Without the facts we should not judge, poor sole.

Just one example that now scares the hell out of me, swimming under a submerged tree in a lake 12ft deep. I was first to go an it was all for a dare.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ultimately, you have got to say this is a fair point. Yes, he's young etc etc etc, but it doesn't change the reality that he put his life at risk, and now the lieves of those trying to find him.

Doesn't detract from the sadness of the situation though, and yes we've all taken risks we shouldn't have at a younger age for not fearing the consequences. And also for his family, this will be a terrible time. Let's hope he is found alive and well.

Someone has lost their child, inquests and binfests are perhaps left for another time please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here