Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Hart

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Whoops indeed. Absolutely cost his side a point. Still, at least he's got no chance of being keeper for the national side. Oh.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All depends what the shouting was. We don't know, so can't judge. It might be that Nas completely cocked up but ignoring his keeper.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure it matters about the shouts, Hart was too far away from the ball when he came out for it. His fault.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Seems to make a fair few cock ups,not like the great keepers England had.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure it matters about the shouts, Hart was too far away from the ball when he came out for it. His fault.

If Nas had left it, it was Joe's. He would've got there comfortably before Torres. It's ALL about what the communication was.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
If Nas had left it, it was Joe's. He would've got there comfortably before Torres. It's ALL about what the communication was.

As an Ex Keeper, absolutely this. It was Joe Hart's call, whether he made it or not. If he had shouted, its the defenders fault. Not that most will see it that way.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I think it's clearly obvious that it was the defenders fault, I have watched it time and time again and my conclusion is it is the defenders fault.

It looks like the defender literally panicked at the last second when, in my opinion Hart could have taken the ball.

Anyway, whatever / whoever was at fault, at that level its clearly not acceptable.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room after! I suspect there was much shouting and swearing in MANY different languages!! :lol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You could say it was the defender's fault for letting the ball bounce in the first place.

Feel bit sorry for Hart there, he is going to get all the stick but not all his fault.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hart's positioning was poor. The ball over the top was always going to be covered by the defender, he should have stayed back to provide an option. By the time the defender can look and see Hart there it's too late for them to get out of each others' way and Hart to have enough room to do anything with the ball.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
what happened?

Ball played over the top, defender followed it, headed the ball toward the goal where he thought Hart was, but Hart had come out of his area to collect the ball, so the defender headed it past hart, allowing Torres to run in and put it in the goal as (another?) defender valiantly chased and tried to block the shot at a tight angle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At that stage of the game they should have heeded an old timer Jimmy Scoular's advice " if in doubt kick it out" and I am sure that Hart would have got there and done that.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hart's positioning was poor. The ball over the top was always going to be covered by the defender, he should have stayed back to provide an option. By the time the defender can look and see Hart there it's too late for them to get out of each others' way and Hart to have enough room to do anything with the ball.

I agree.

It seems to me that those that are saying it all depends on the communication are wrong. It implies that whatever the situation, the keeper's call is right and the defender should just obey it. If, as Acker says, the defender was always going to get there (as indeed he did!), Hart's rushing out was simply stupid. It doesn't matter if he called it - he's still wrong to have come.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Ball played over the top, defender followed it, headed the ball toward the goal where he thought Hart was, but Hart had come out of his area to collect the ball, so the defender headed it past hart, allowing Torres to run in and put it in the goal as (another?) defender valiantly chased and tried to block the shot at a tight angle.

jeez,will have to check it out on MOTD. thanks for the run down

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here