Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
paula-howells-l229-1135216_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
16:45 25th October 2013
by James Hilsum
It’s such a surprise to be called up"
Paula Howells
Albion girls centre of excellence player Paula Howells has been called up to the England under-17 squad for the forthcoming friendly matches against Wales.
The Three Lions will face Wales at AFC Telford on Monday 28th October, before a behind-closed-doors match against the same opponents at St George’s Park the following Thursday.
Howells admitted her delight to be part of Lois Fidler’s squad of 24 players for the two matches, and admits the call-up was unexpected after only recently returning to action following a knee injury.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s such a surprise to be called up. I really didn’t think it would it happen after my injury this year, but I'm really looking forward to it.
“But my knee has been given the all-clear and I’m training now, so it’s all good.
“Whenever I put the shirt on, it feels like I’ve never done it before. It’s a new feeling for me each time.
“It’s a great thing to go on your CV and people are always interested when I tell them about it.”
Howells will now be targeting a place in the squad for the European Championships, which will be hosted in England this November and December.
“We’re a good team; it’s a superb environment to be in, we all get on and play well together.
“I believe I’ve got a good chance of being picked although I was surprised they actually invited me to the squad because they haven’t seen me play in a long time, so I hope that’s a positive sign.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here