Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"It ended bitterly "

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That was Sky's summation in the pre match blurb for the Tyneside derby. Whilst admittedly the whole truth is shrouded I thought Sky might have said a bit more and was too much of a 'suck up' to him.

Come on Pardew!!!!!!!! Who thought I would ever say that?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
??? Move on pal.

Poyet ALWAYS damages Newcastle. And so he will today. Home win, comfortably. And I like Newcastle.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Such a fickle game that the OP would wish Alan Pardew well in the game today over our former manager who will go down as a club legend after revolutionising BHA on and off the field, achieving a promotion and cementing out place at a new stadium with a clear footballing identity in the championship. I agree he didn't do it alone but I wish Gus well and don't still hold a grudge over how it ended.

Onwards and upwards for all parties I hope.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Such a fickle game that the OP would wish Alan Pardew well in the game today over our former manager who will go down as a club legend after revolutionising BHA on and off the field, achieving a promotion and cementing out place at a new stadium with a clear footballing identity in the championship. I agree he didn't do it alone but I wish Gus well and don't still hold a grudge over how it ended.

:bowdown:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I definitely want Newcastle, can't stand Gus now.
I agree football fans are fickle, always have been

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't know why these bed-wetters can't just move on. Gus has gone now, save your anger for those that deserve it.

From the biggest bed wetter on here. Save your adoration for somebody who actually cares about this football club

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's all about respect. Every Albion fan will respect what he did for us but the manner of his departure left a bad taste and personally it always irked me when he touted himself for other jobs and stuck his nose in the Suarez business.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yes, but then you clearly aren't the average thick football fan.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
That was Sky's summation in the pre match blurb for the Tyneside derby. Whilst admittedly the whole truth is shrouded I thought Sky might have said a bit more and was too much of a 'suck up' to him.

Come on Pardew!!!!!!!! Who thought I would ever say that?

If Tony had given Gus a decent budget for wages and new playerswhen we moved to Falmer we would be in the premier league and Gus would still be manager of BHA,the blame never lies with one person the whole management team ****ed up.Lets all get over it and accept the chance was there but with FFP we will probably never have the finances for a promotion push again unless of course the rules change.In our History how many years have we had in the top flight? what has changed why should we get there now, the white elephant doesn`t put the ball in the back of the net

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Going off at a bit of a tangent and seeing Oatway on the bench, would love to know what sort of wage rise he got? Always thought he would take along Tanno but thought Charlie would be a sad long term casualty of the messy ending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here