Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky help please

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
used to have an old portable in the bedroom running off a co-ax from sky box in living room. Replaced old portable with small TOSHIBA flat screen and now cant get a picture. We could only watch what was selected from the living room....which was fine, you pressed 0 on the remote and if you fell asleep sky switched off after 2 hours of inactivity ( no puns please :ffsparr:)
So all you sky experts how can I get a picture on the new portable if possible? Cheers:thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Have you tried turning it off, then turning it on again?

:jester:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
sounds obvious so you've probably tried already, but have you run the auto-tune option to pick up all channels on the Toshiba?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
used to have an old portable in the bedroom running off a co-ax from sky box in living room. Replaced old portable with small TOSHIBA flat screen and now cant get a picture. We could only watch what was selected from the living room....which was fine, you pressed 0 on the remote and if you fell asleep sky switched off after 2 hours of inactivity ( no puns please :ffsparr:)
So all you sky experts how can I get a picture on the new portable if possible? Cheers:thumbsup:

You will have to tune the Sky signal in the bedroom to Analogue not digital. Hopefully the new tv has a DTV/ATV select button or something.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
You will have to tune the Sky signal in the bedroom to Analogue not digital. Hopefully the new tv has a DTV/ATV select button or something.

I Knew....I JUST KNEW IT LICKER.....it would be you to come up with a sensible answer......now to see if it works!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Do new TVs even have a coax feed nowadays, it's old hat and most things now run off scart or hdmi now don't they? If it does have a coax feed then you have to tune the tv in like in the old days, if not I don't think they make scart leads narrow enough or long enough to reach a bedroom, the longest I've seen is a 5m lead.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
The suspense is killing Me. Did it work ?

It did Banjo...it did! Thanks to Mr Licker....I knew he would know, he into co-ax you know. who would have thought you would have to tune in on the Analogue system. Really good picture now. Cheers all.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Hdmi splitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here